• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

maybe this is a better place to post this, it's about mysql

Omari

i don't want to have to start my forum all over. i am switching servers. can the info be automatically transfered?

if not how can i back up my mysql info or whatever and put it in to the new database?

you can use PHPmyAdmin to back up the database on the old server into an sql file and then use PHPmyAdmin on the new server to restore the sql file to a database

how do i back up using phpmyadmin? i looked all around and didn't see anything about backing up

On the old server, In phpMyAdmin, go to the section where it says "View dump (schema) of database" (You need to select a database on the left)

Click the "Structure and data" radio button and check the "Send" box and click Go. It will make your browser download a .sql file.

On the new server, go into phpMyAdmin and select a database on the left. Then, go to the section that says "Run SQL query/queries on database [database name]" and click the Browse button. Select the .sql file that was saved and click the Go button. All the data from the old DB will be imported into the new DB

i seem to have downloaded it successfully but now i can't upload it for some reason... it says it was executed successfully but it says no tables in database

Back