• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

May offer VPS soon

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
If all goes well, I should be able to offer small free VPS for testing/development/education purposes. I recently acquired a server in a small DC near me, won't be but 8GB of RAM with 8 Cores, but hey, its usable.

What would you guys use the free VPS for? What kind of specs would you think to be plausible?

if it is something free, any spec is good enough, as long as enough to run a LAMP stack.
and if u r offering it already, let us know, i will want to have 1 and play with it
hahahahahaa:evilb:

I even accept the VPS with 128MB RAM and 2GB HDD :)

But be careful! You'll have to be careful when choosing free VPS clients. That is very dangerous.

But don't worry about dmmcintyre3. He will not abuse it ;)

Honestly? I would probably use it to stream 1080p videos since youtube seems to reduce the quality too much for my tastes, but thats probably something to do with how they convert the format I use to .flv :p.

Honestly? I would probably use it to stream 1080p videos since youtube seems to reduce the quality too much for my tastes, but thats probably something to do with how they convert the format I use to .flv :p.

But it is for educational, test and development purposes :p

Anyway i thought you passed away :)

128 or 256 mb ram with 5gb of space should be sufficient, i wouldn't give under five gbs, cause the operating system usually takes up a couple.

512 MB dedicated/1024 MB burst ram and half a core would be good specs for openvz.
Or 512MB RAM and 1 GB swap if xen.

Hah, your funny. :p
That's not even possible. That's called, buy a VPS.

I was thinking the following

5GB Disk Space
100GB Bandwidth
64MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

10GB Disk Space
250GB Bandwidth
128MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

10GB Disk Space
350GB Bandwidth
256MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

I mean, the last one would suit high educational purposes.

Hah, your funny. :p
That's not even possible. That's called, buy a VPS.

I was thinking the following

5GB Disk Space
100GB Bandwidth
64MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

10GB Disk Space
250GB Bandwidth
128MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

10GB Disk Space
350GB Bandwidth
256MB Guaranteed RAM
1 IP

I mean, the last one would suit high educational purposes.

Your offers looks GREAT! :)

Please let us know when they are available.

I hope if it goes well that I'll get one VPS. I'm making a new project, video tutorials website. As a maximum tutorial length is 10 minutes, and it's maximum 50 mb per tutorial in HD format, even 1-2 GB HDD would be fine for me, 5 GB is a lot. =)
I hope your project Schmarvin will live, including mine. =P

Thanks anyway for informing us.

Back