• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mattsoft.net

I dont know whats causing it, but my firefox browser does not like your site. The cursor gets real slow and I cant really click through your site well. Explorer works fine though. Site doesnt look too bad, but when you compare it to other hosting websites, your site might draw customers away. Most hosting sites are really flashy and graphical. You do have good prices. Skin your forum. Good luck to you and your business.

cowax said:
I dont know whats causing it, but my firefox browser does not like your site. The cursor gets real slow and I cant really click through your site well. Explorer works fine though. Site doesnt look too bad, but when you compare it to other hosting websites, your site might draw customers away. Most hosting sites are really flashy and graphical. You do have good prices. Skin your forum. Good luck to you and your business.

thanks. I think we're changing the name of the hosting company to Mattsoft Networks, to help seperate it from other parts of the company. I tried firefox once, and had the same problem on my site. I'm not sure why it does that. I saw it has some problems with some of the css too. there's a little javascript for the menu buttons, but that's it. could be a css bug in firefox. as for the design, you recommend getting a more popular design like all the free templates floating around? well, I'll try updating my design some to make it a little more smoother. thanks for the advice

Please dont go with a template. If you go with a template then yours will look just like anothers.

And as for that css problem, do you really need to use css?

cowax said:
Please dont go with a template. If you go with a template then yours will look just like anothers.

And as for that css problem, do you really need to use css?

I think I'm gonna take a few weeks to look around and think about changes I can make to my site. I don't want it to look like every other site. it has to look different.

I only use css when I have to, for things that html can't do. like borders and stuff. it could be the javascript rollover buttons too. if it's a bug in firefox it could be anything. that's why I still use internet explorer. cuz almost all web pages are designed for it.

The affiliate buttons look terrible right there, and one did not even load for me. I dont think I would trust a host that has to use third party tracking services for their own website. Your portfolio is nothing more than an index of a directory. For some reason, I also have a hard time believing that is a picture of your datacenter.

DeepList.com said:
The affiliate buttons look terrible right there, and one did not even load for me. I dont think I would trust a host that has to use third party tracking services for their own website. Your portfolio is nothing more than an index of a directory. For some reason, I also have a hard time believing that is a picture of your datacenter.

I took the affiliate buttons off for now, until I find a better place for them. I have never been to the building to know for myself what it looks like, but I'm sure that's it. http://www.nac.net/ they even have pics of a crane putting the battery backups and transformers in the basement.

I am assuming you have some kind of a reseller plan with those people? Why don't you run your own traffic stats script. That would be a lot more professional than a remote one. I would also format your text. Perhaps you should use Arial or Verdana.

DeepList.com said:
I am assuming you have some kind of a reseller plan with those people? Why don't you run your own traffic stats script. That would be a lot more professional than a remote one. I would also format your text. Perhaps you should use Arial or Verdana.

a reseller with who? the site uptime button I think is good to have. the server has good uptime right now. 100%. I do have a reseller account with bgfweb, but I have a nice rack server I'll be colocating and using soon.

I meant why dont you run your own traffic analaysis script on YOUR server instead of using the remote service? It would be a lot more professional that way.

DeepList.com said:
I meant why dont you run your own traffic analaysis script on YOUR server instead of using the remote service? It would be a lot more professional that way.

oh, you mean the affiliates. my banner I put on other sites has traffic analysis, but not the affiliates on my site yet. I'll host the images for it from my site.

Some of it is a little to dark but my monitor is really bad so ignore that. Otherwise very well done. 7.5 out of 10

Yah, it looks bit too simple.
Using some (more/flashier) graphics certainly wouldnt hurt.
You say you want ur site to look different but I don't think ppl looking for a host look for original looking sites right? They want it to look professional and at the moment "good looking" = "professional" in theyr eyes.
I would pick lighter(certainly for nav) and mayb smaller font, change banner, add footer... to start off

good luck with ur hosting thang :)

Back