• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Marijuana Legalization

Chris L.

Marijuana is illegal in the US, with the exception of Medical Marijuana when prescribed by a Dr. in a state that allows it.

Do you think it should be 100% legal? [Why / Why not]

To be honest, this is a fishing expedition for arguments to use in my paper that I have to write in English.

You have to write arguments in English? Why not Russian or Chinese?

Okay, that was lame (The 'joke'). No - because unless something big/urgent happens it's fine as it is. That's really not helpful - eh?

I think it should be because then much greater control will be put on what's sold, right now anything goes basically.

It's also less harmful than tabacco & alcohol.

I think it should be legal, Save me having to search for it...
I could then just walk in to a store and say 1oz of skunk please.
Id love it, You would be able to buy all differnt types of weed OTC at servos!
Hand over the money and leave. Its WIN WIN! - I dont really smoke it that much anymore to care, But:

it would reduce drug related crime, Becuse it would be cheeper everyone would be supplying it!
The only reason it isnt legal in most countrys is becuse the goverments cant make money out of it, You can grow it yourself... Yes you can grow tabacco but it tastes like ---- without going through a factory process....
Weed dont need to go through any process other than drying...
So everyone would grow it and the goverment would make noting!!!!!

Last edited:
There is for and against, nothing really proves it's safe for recreational use so I won't enter into that part. However for theraputic reasons as a painkiller/remedy for illness then it should be on a prescribed basis.

I think it should become a legal, no one doesn't smoke it because it's ilegal, and it being legal would stop a lot of crime..

No, like nugi said, in places like england and denmark people aren't afraid to use it because of the laws (theyre pretty weak) - it doesn't factor in when somebody's deciding to smoke it.

And it's pretty damnd hard to abuse weed.

Its all about having the choice I think, You should be allowed to decide what you do! There is no need to conrol things like weed, Its like taking away all the beer really... Same thing, Err grog is worse IMO, Alot more people suffer from issues with it, Including going off there heads when they are drunk, You dont see this with weed... There are contrys where pot is legal and they get along fine...

No, like nugi said, in places like england and denmark people aren't afraid to use it because of the laws (theyre pretty weak) - it doesn't factor in when somebody's deciding to smoke it.

And it's pretty damnd hard to abuse weed.
Same in Australia, laws are so weak you can stay out of jail even if you get busted with 10 pound of it...
Its not the sort of thing you worrie about when using it,

Last edited:
I used to smoke a lot of weed, and have since quit. It's just not what I want to be spending my money on. Regardless, I have no problem with pot, and I think the fact that it's still illegal is ridiculous.

For one, as Craig alluded to, if alcohol and tobacco is potentially harmful to you, and it's legal, why is marijuana illegal when it's less harmful?

It would take it off the streets. You wouldn't have to worry about going to buy some pot and having it laced with something more severe. If it were legal, you could buy it from a trusted vendor where it had been inspected before being sold.

Sending pot dealers to jail is a ridiculous waste of prison resources.

Pot smoking leads to a stronger economy through increased sales of Doritos, candy, Gatorade, and cookies. :p

I don't see any reason its illegal. We could legalize it, tax and regulate it, and it would stop so many drug related crimes.

Everyone's who is favor of legalizing it is just a pot smoking hippy :p

Seriously now, legal or illegal wouldn't change people's consumption.
Sure in the first few months that it'd become legal alot more people would smoke it, more openly that is, creating the illusion that it's usage has increased, but in the long term I think usage would remain pretty much similar as to what it is today.

Prices would however increase imo, as the gov would tax the hell out of it.
In return it's availability would be greater, and obtaining rare strains would be easier. And you'll have a neat packaging that comes with the purchase :p

I wouldn't grow it though. My light usage does not justify spending money on creating a grow room in my house.

As for drug crimes, I don't think they'd be so much reduced.
Nobody kills for an ounce of grass. More like 5 pounds of coke.

I look at it in relation to America's past prohibition on Alcohol:
Organized Crime saw its birth due to racketerring and smuggling and many reports and historians even say that drinking generally happened more than when it was legal.

Are you sure about that? Eitherway, I wouldn't like to feel that awful smell everywhere I go, plus high people look like dumbasses

The smell is gone after a several minutes. Unlike cigarettes. And people look like dumbasses when they're plastered, too. Public intoxication ftl?

I think the government could really profit from legalizing pot, it's definitely a good idea. I mean really, what Canadian hasn't done pot. It's not something that is even bad for you. It's just as harmful as smoking.

Back