• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Macromedia Programs Have Viruses!

matty123

I have downloaded Macromedia Flash 4 once - virus infected. Macromedia Flash 5 - virus infected. Macromedia Dreamweaver 3 - virus infected. Macromedia Fireworks 3 - Virus infected. Do any of you guys have the same problem? I have Norton AntiVirus, in case you're wondering...

I have Flash 5, Dreamweaver 3 and Freehand 9 and I've never had a problem with viruses. I also have Norton Anti-virus

Where are you downloading them from?

Are you downloading them off of Macromedia's official website, or somewhere else?

Originally posted by Nick
Can you say 'W A R E Z' ?

I agree, matty123 probably had a virus infected version of the software because he downloaded it *illegally.*

nope, I got this stuff from download.com and another shareware site :)

I download lots of warez and i've never gotten a virus before. It is a myth that warez sites tend to have a lot of viruses. Obviously, viruses are prevalent through shareware sites.

Umm...since when can you get full versions of these programs from download.com. If your talking about the shareware, they definately do not have viruses...and it gaurenteed to be that way by download.com...

Are you sure it came from those programs?!

Ok, I just downloaded the trial of fireworks from the MACROMEDIA WEBSITE and it HAS A VIRUS!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? DOWNLOAD THE PROG AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

there must be something wrong with Norton AntiVirus...

What exactly does the error in NortonAV say? Norton has had lots of problems in the past with interfering with the setup programs of certain applications.

I assure you that there is no virus, otherwise the other 20,000 people who downloaded that today would be furious. Try disabling NortAV, installing fireworks, then check for viruses...bet you wont get any then!

What version of nortin do you have. I had a problem of that, with notron, but I cant remeber what version it was. In any installation (you can trust) always turn off your antivirus. This is becuase, antiviruses look for programs that are doing some thing a virus would do such as edit the regestry, and it will stop it or tell you its a virus. That is probaby what is happening.

Norton = Bad

I've used 5 different Anti Virus programs and AVP and Panda Anti Virus are the best.. Norton and Mcaffee always let viruses in my computer when I had them, and yes I updated my virus file every 3-4 weeks.

Back