• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Volunteers [Free Host]

Richard

CRM Consultant
Premium Member
Hello,

I am looking for 2, maybe 3, talented individuals to start the development of a totally new free hosting company based around DirectAdmin and Posting 2 Host.

I am looking for people over the age of 16 with at least some experience in the following Fields;

1) Webhosting
2) DNS
3) DirectAdmin
4) phpBB

----
What will I need to do?
----

The team (of 2-3 people, myself, and another investor) will have to build a site & hosting plans on a domain and form a free host. We have an idea of a site design. Here are the required tasks:

1) Decide on plans
2) Build a website
3) Install a Forum
4) Install THT P2H script
5) Setup the forum and P2H script
6) Gain new members

Myself and another experienced webhost will be around if you need help, but these tasks are quite simple, and should easily be completed by the applicant, if you think you may struggle completing any of the above tasks - please do not apply.

After the site is setup, you will need to help out around the forum, moderating the posts, posting allot to keep the site active. You will also need to constantly be thinking of ways to improve the host.

You will be given a deadline of 3 weeks to build the site & forum before its opened to the general public.

Forum software is up to you, as long as its not vBulletin.

----
What will be given to "the team"?
----

Many things will be provided to the team to help in the development of the site, forums, and getting new clients. The following is a list of some of these things;

1) A website domain (.com domain, already brought)
2) A subdomain domain (for your clients, 4 letter .com, already brought)
3) A VPS with DirectAdmin installed & licensed - Upgradeable when needed
4) An SSL Certificate
5) A Semi-Completed site complete with logo's, etc (You CAN use something different if you wish)
6) Advice and support from 2 experienced webhosts & webmasters

----
What do I get in return?
----

Each "team member" can have an advert slot on the website; the adverts will be in the following rotation:

If 2 people:
40% - Buzz Servers
20% - Google Ad's (or other misc adverts)
20% - Team member 1's ad
20% - Team member 2's ad

If 2 people:
40% - Buzz Servers
21% - Google Ad's (or other misc adverts)
13% - Team member 1's ad
13% - Team member 2's ad
13% - Team member 3's ad

You can then sell the ad space, or use it for advertising your own site.

----
Why not just start my own?
----

If you have the funds to start your own - Sure :D go ahead. I do not see this as a money making idea (it probably wont even breakeven), but it saves you having to shell out each month the loss, and it will still be "your" host. You will be the administrators.

----
Whats the catch?
----

Well, as with all things, nothing in life is free without allot of terms and conditions, well, I only have a few;

1) I need to approve the site before it goes live
2) Me & a few other people would like "Premium" accounts on the forum, with access to a special premium section which only we can see/post in. When people reach 1,000 posts, upgrade them to the premium user account and let them post and see too.
3) English/French sites hosted ONLY
4) No Unlimited/Unmetered offers of ANY kind
5) No advertising other free webhosts
6) I at all times ultimately own the site and have the last say on matters of its development. I can, if I need to, fire anyone at any time.
7) Anything you do to the free host will be rewarded in advertising space on the site/forums, if you leave, or get fired, you cannot claim anything you have done/made for the free host.
8) You can only use the domains I provide unless I have agreed otherwise.

I'd be glad to help out in any way.

And, would the Development Team will stay on as Administrators after it has been publicly launched?

Just one main question, are the "team members" classed as the owners & perform all matinence tasks like account terminations, forum cleaning etc but without shelling out a penny?

I might be interested, but I don't have that much time to offer during the daytime now, just most evenings. What about sub-hosting? Running as a kind of reseller, but under our own domains, sites, forums, through your servers though we still operate as a group when needed, but obviously more work is put into our own? (The ads would still be rotated around the other sites)

Just one main question, are the "team members" classed as the owners & perform all matinence tasks like account terminations, forum cleaning etc but without shelling out a penny?

Well, the script "The Hosting Tool" will do most of the account functions, but I just need admins to manage the board, hire moderators (when the forums get busy), approve custom packages to people if they request them, keep the site updated.

But most of all - Keep the forum active.

I might be interested, but I don't have that much time to offer during the daytime now, just most evenings. What about sub-hosting? Running as a kind of reseller, but under our own domains, sites, forums, through your servers though we still operate as a group when needed, but obviously more work is put into our own? (The ads would still be rotated around the other sites)

That could be a possability. But that would be an extention of this project, if your interested in helping out I can sure allow that in the future, after this site has lots of active users, say, 6 months down the road.

But for the time being, I wish to keep this project on one single forum.

Just to clear things up;

Yes - The development team will stay on as the Administrators of the free host - I and my investor will not be seen as Administrators, and other than us having the final say on "BIG" things, like the site design, etc, the running of the host is upto you (As long as the whole team agree that is).

BUT - I and a few other people WILL stay on as members, helping out with the posting, ect, and behind the forum and site, we will be keeping the server upto date and secure and providing proactive support and management to you.

So we wont just ditch you when it setup, we will be there every step of the way helping you make this every success. And if you do a good job, you will be rewarded.

I will be deciding on the Team tonight, from the looks of it, it will be a 3 man team, as I had a little more interest in this than I thought :D

I am still accepting applications, so please post here, or PM me for more information.

Hello,

I have replied to everyone that has contacted me or posted in this thread, its quite a large list i've got now.

I am still accepting new applications, please PM me with as much information as you can about yourself and what experiance you have & why you think you would be good at it, and why you would enjoy it.

I will review all applicants and make my final choice tomorrow around noon GMT.

Hello,

I am still deciding on the team members. I will update this thread when the team has been selected & everyone has got back to me.

Hello,

Just a quick update. I have selected the Team, and will be PMing the selected applicants in the next 24 hours. If you do not receive a PM from my by this time tomorrow, I am sorry, but you was not selected.

I had lots of good applications, and it was very hard to come to a final decision.

Back