• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for php Pop up manager

neftha

Hello there,

I am looking for a free popup manager written in PHP scripting. I have three ad accounts, one with Popup traffic, one with Adpowerzone and one with Peel. What I want the script to do is:

- first page viewed by visitor: use Popup traffic popup
- second page viewed by visitor: use Adpowerzone under popup
- third page viewed (and higher): use the Peel popup

I haven't found any scripts that can do this. Anyone here that can write something like that in PHP or knows a website where to dowload such a script? I need it because Popuptraffic and Adpowerzone only pay unique impressions, Peel does not. I can not mix them together as they don't allow multiple ads on one page and I don't feel like running pop-ups for free.

Don't need anything fancy. Don't need MySQL things, stats, etc ... just want it to do what I said above ...

would be great if someone could help out here.

Neftha
VirtualBritney.net

Hi Neftha this might be better in the CGI/PHP/ASP Help Forum. Let me know what you think :)

You are probably right. Could someone move this thread? Or should I just repost there?

Neftha

I don't think you can find it for free

Since it is a money making tool.

I cooould write one. $_$

I created one myself :) with Javascript so it isn't necessary anymore. Thank you for you offer though :)

Found a javascript that counted the page ... rearranged it a little and now it does what I need.

yeah that would cost $$ for php version

It would be long and use many $var. Just because it can be done in php dosen't mean its the best thing you can do it in.

well, I do it with Javascript now. As soon as a visitor enters my site, it writes a cookie with value 1. With every new page it will increase with 1. Finally, the Javascript loads an appropriate ad ... if 1, load PopupTraffic ad, if 2 load Blablabala ad and if 3 or higher, it displays an default ad.
Works great ... I had the problem that a lot of people entered my site on a different page than the main page. Thise costed me some advertising revenue because the PopUptraffic ad only displayed on the main page (didn't want to show those things everywhere).

I could have done it in Php

Cookies in php ez. Thx to the old trustly php.net manual! Yeah you could do it both ways as long as you found a way for you thats great!

Originally posted by neftha
Hello there,

I am looking for a free popup manager written in PHP scripting. I have three ad accounts, one with Popup traffic, one with Adpowerzone and one with Peel. What I want the script to do is:

- first page viewed by visitor: use Popup traffic popup
- second page viewed by visitor: use Adpowerzone under popup
- third page viewed (and higher): use the Peel popup

PHP is server-side - so you can't use it to make pop-ups. You can *only* make pop-ups using client-side scripts (javascript).

This topic is old and moot
but if you accually read the post you would see that he wanted a popup manager not a popup maker

Back