• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for host for small blog community.

irate

I really hope I'm not breaking any rules here. I read the sticky at the top of the forum, and a few other posts, so I think I'm okay in doing this.

I need a web host. I'm going to be hosting a small weblog community, but because it's a weblog, it needs a few things to work. Here are the requirement:

250 mb + storage
Custom CGI Scripts
Perl 5.004 or greater
At least 1 MySQL Databse (with DBD:mysql - is that automatic?)
PHPNuke Support
10 pop emails or more
Web based control panel with multiple users/user levels
24/7 FTP access (multiple users if possible, but not required)

I'm pretty sure that's it. It's pretty basic stuff, but there are so many different hosts that I'm a little overwhelmed. I was reading bjford's post about his requirements, and got a few hosts from there in addition to the one's I was already looking at.

Basically, I'm asking two things here. Hosts, what kind of plans would fit what I need? I'm thinking that for the most part, it's going to be pretty simple plans, the basic or bronze versions of whatever you offer. It would be great to see a list of them, if you have a package that fits this need though. Also , are any hosts here Canadian? Could you mention it when you write your plan if you are? Thanks!

And secondly, this is more to the other users than the hosts. Are there any hosts which fit this description and that you've had a particularily good experience with? I'd love to hear any recommendations from you!

I hope this isn't breaking your rules. Thanks!

Cheers,
James.

Northwind Hosting Solutions can provide you with all your need except for 1 thing.

You requested that you need,

Web based control panel with multiple users/user levels

Since we use cpanel as a control panel, and cpanel does not have that feature, I cannot provide you with that 1 particular request.

Everything else is do able for US$7.95/mo.

350 MB of Storage Space
10 GB of Transfer/mo.
10 E-Mail Accounts
Quality NAC bandwidth
99.9%+ Uptime.
Multiple FTP Accounts
10 Add-on Domains
10 Parked Domains
Unl. Sub-Domains
Unl. MySQL DB
MySQL::DBD Installed
Perl 5.006 Installed
Also install script for PHPNuke
And you can run your own scripts.

If you are interested e-mail our sales department at: sales@northwindwebhost.com

Or Visit our website at: http://www.northwindwebhost.com

We also have the bronze for $2.95/mo. but it doesn't meet your storage requirement nor your e-mail. Check it out at our website if you are interested in seeing it.

Or a plesk host. =)

Well, even on plesk, I believe all you can do is add users, but I don't believe you can give them a certain level.

No, just one other person. I'm going to be busy this summer, and if something needs to be changed, I need to be able to have the other guy fix whatever problem might happen.

It's not a huge deal if he has full access, I should have put that multiple users in the control panel would be nice. It's not really necessary.

Originally posted by irate
No, just one other person. I'm going to be busy this summer, and if something needs to be changed, I need to be able to have the other guy fix whatever problem might happen.

It's not a huge deal if he has full access, I should have put that multiple users in the control panel would be nice. It's not really necessary.

maybe you can give him/her/it an FTP account so the changes can be made for your site?

http://www.chronichosting.com

$4.50 a month(Note: this is a special deal for you)
PS. Im a Canadian Host

I will give you:
300 mb
10 GB Transfer
PHP 4
CGI-BIN
Unlimited MySQL Databases
Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
Unlimited E-mail Auto responder
Unlimited E-mail Aliases
Unlimited E-mail Forwards
Control Panel
Perl 5

+ The Following:

Unlimited Sub-Domains (subdomain.yourdomain.com)
Control Panel
Web Based Email
Web Site Statistics
POP3, IMAP, SMTP supported
ASP 3.X
ASP.NET
VBScript
Server Side Includes (.shtml)
MS Excel, Access 2002 Support
Unlimited ODBC Data Sources
ODBC Connectivity
FrontPage 2002 Extensions
FrontPage / InterDev
Macromedia UltraDev
Macromedia Dreamweaver
Macromedia Flash / Shockwave
Custom Mime Types
Custom Error Pages
Site Statistics or Raw Logs
Password Protected Directories
SSL Secure Server
Shopping Cart
-- Interchange Shopping Cart!!!
-- Agora Shopping Cart!!!
Customizable Error Pages
File Manager
Password Protect Pages
RedHat Firewall Security
Downloadable Daily Backup
Chat Room
Pre-Configured Scripts
Search Engine Submitter
Connected To OC3 Lines Through 18 Providers

Thanks everyone!

Well, I've decided on a host. Thanks Chronichosting, but you got in just a few minutes too late. :( I had literally just signed up for service when I got saw your post.

Thanks for all the replies!

Back