• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for Free FTP

FUN

I am using Crystal FTP, it cannot use CHMOD successfully.
Could anyone tell me which FREE FTP (freeware, not shareware) that I can easy to do the CHMOD.
Thank you

Originally posted by FUN
I am using Crystal FTP, it cannot use CHMOD successfully.
Could anyone tell me which FREE FTP (freeware, not shareware) that I can easy to do the CHMOD.
Thank you
I'm using a CuteFTP from Tripod and it works well, except that there is an ad.
Smart FTP seems to be the best FTP freeware.

Is SmartFTP user-friendly?
When I tried out WS_FTP, I found it very confusing. That's why I switched to CuteFTP, which is much better, IMO.
Currently using FlashFXP, though. ;)

I have the trial version of ws ftp pro 8. What are the differences between this and cute ftp? I think I downloaded cute ftp once and found that ws ftp was easier to use.

Originally posted by cheatpark
I have the trial version of ws ftp pro 8. What are the differences between this and cute ftp? I think I downloaded cute ftp once and found that ws ftp was easier to use.

thats probably true, in some ways... WS Ftp is more of a classical ftp client, probably more efficient aswell. Cute ftp has a much nicer interface and these days people look for this kind of thing in a program.

SmartFTP

SmartFTP all the way ... that is a great free FTP client. Handles everything CuteFTP Pro does and best of all it's free.

http://www.smartftp.com

I have not had a problem with it unles like CuteFTP, CuteFTP Pro, and FlashFXP.

Now If you want to pay for one I recommend FlashFXP CuteFTP (not Pro). Which is good for pay ones. But I don't see why you would need to pay for a FTP Client if you can download SmartFTP for free with the exact same features.

Last edited:
U use WS_FTP Pro, It's great. There is only one anoying thing, it generates WS_FTP.log files in all the directories you upload (the source, not the traget). I'll try Smart FTP.

Usually not, but if you place them in your avatar directory, that could cause a few problems.

Back