• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for free CGI hosting for a web game beta

Rosareven

Hi people. It's my first time to host cgi game on internet and I'm very new to cgi stuff as well... Please correct me if I said anything wrong :p

I'm translating a Japanese cgi web game into English (the original creator has provided downloads and allowed people to edit it. If you can read Japanese or just want a proof here's the web site: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bingo/8587/ ) I'm still translating it and I'll need to do a lot of testing on the internet so I'll need a host that is allowed japanese on the web sites. I'll list my request below so it'll be easier to read. What I need are:

- Enable FTP upload
- Enable to upload CGI files
- 50MB web space will do since I'm only testing
- I'm not sure how much bandwidth I'll need... Doesn't have to be alot I suppose. Again I only need it for testing the game at the moment
- Has file editor (optional, but it would be easier for me to edit and test instead of delete the old files and upload the new ones again and again)
- At least 10MB maximum file upload size (but tell me if it's actually too much)
- No enforced advertisement
- Allow Japanese pages

I think that's it for now. I'll need even more web space and bandwidth in the future if I finished my testing but for now I just need these. It would be good if you are capable to provide me even more web space and bandwidth in the future when I need it but since it's all about free service I don't want to ask too much. It'll take quite a while for me to complete the game too. So if any of you can offer me these requests, please reply here or discuss with me through E-mail: rosareven@rosareven-dot-cjb-dot-net

Thank you very much for your attention!

PS: I'm using public library's computer to post in here because my internet at home is behind passive mode and could not post here. So I might be slow to response in here or register on your hosting. Just to let you know so you'll understand when I haven't been response for a while :p

Last edited:
Hello, this seems pretty interesting to me. I can give you 150mb storage/15000mb Bandwidth (no ads). You can read the full list of features/learn how to apply at this thread: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83367

However, one thing we might require is that you give a bi-weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly translation of any new content. This is to make sure that your site adheres to our Terms of Service. We can probably work these details out later, since I am confident your site will most likely not contain illegal content :D. Read that thread if you are interested :)

Back