• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a VPS or Seedbox or whatever you call it

php_addict

Hello,

I am looking for a VPS or a Seedbox or I don't know what it's called. Newbie here. I am really not familiar with Linux specially the shell commands stuff. It's been awhile since I used a Linux computer. As far as I can remember, I only used Ubuntu and that's i t. I am willing to pay, but please, cheapest prices please. I just need the speed to be 1Gbps or less but more than 100Mbps. The bandwidth must be unlimited. Hard drive, I need some space to store files that I will be downloading, then if I am available, I will be retrieving them at home. The files, are basically some sort of old TV Series. It's just for personal entertainment. Most of the time no one shares those series anymore, and I can't afford my laptop to be turned on 24/7.

Hopefully there is also a feature where in I can download/retrieve the files via HTTP and not FTP, that would be great, as well as I will be using it to store some Documents, mainly Excel documents that I can easily send the link to my co-leagues so that they can easily retrieve the file(s).

Thank you.

---added bonus---
Is it possible to stream the downloaded files from the Seedbox via VLC?
Also, can I run a web browser in the Seedbox and access it like remotely? something like logmein, vnc,etc.. because there are some sites that in order for me to receive messages, i needed to me logged in most of the time. I don't want my computer to be turned on 24/7 for that as well.
---added bonus---

Last edited:
Back