• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for a free proxy host

moiz

hi guys

i am thinking about starting a new proxy, but i need a free host..

i am willing to put a 468 x 60 ad on the proxy...

if any one can offer me the hosting pm me ...

i'll probably need around 5 - 8 gb of b/w since its new ...

let me know

thanks

I can host you along it will not increase the load of our server very much.

MSN ruicruz at forunsbb dot com

SL

I can host you along it will not increase the load of our server very much.

That's what proxies do, they increase the server load a LOT, even if just 1 person is using it. Imagine if it will be used by 10...100...1000.

Public proxies get countless thousands of hits constantly.

It uses way too much CPU load, its not worth it. Get a VPS or a dedicated server and you should be fine.

Last edited:
That's what proxies do, they increase the server load a LOT, even if just 1 person is using it. Imagine if it will be used by 10...100...1000.

Public proxies get countless thousands of hits constantly.

Maybe your server isnt good.

I host two proxys with 500 visits per day each and they dont increase the load. :p

SL

I host two proxys with 500 visits per day each and they dont increase the load. :p

SL

Hmm nice comeback, but ehm a HTML browsing proxy site shouldn't take that much space!

BUT an proxy take a lot of bandwidth because the one who use it:

1. Connect to another IP.
2. USE that IP with severall others.
3. Deliver the data tru another location.

That's IF it is an normal proxy, web proxy though is Ok you have the same IP and it execute the site from the current location instead of another one.

EDIT:

A site like http://www.proxyhero.com/ SHOULD not take that much more bandwidth than a normal page, depends on how many users it gets though..

I mean this forum or any other forum is equally a load to the server as a proxy is depending on the users, but expecting 1000 users to survive on 1-2 GB bandwidth a month is just a joke.

Answer to your signature: "Want free hosting with adds? Contact me!" It's actually called ADS not ADDS..

Last edited:
Dont be rude man.
I'm just making my point of view.

SL
PS: Signature changed, thank you.

If all of those 500 people actually used it, then you'd need a 16x AMD Opteron Server with 50 GBs of Ram.

I'm close, I have 2 AMD Opterons and 12GBs of RAM last time I checked :beer:
But nevertheless, would never host proxies, it's very unfair to the other users who use hardly any resources compared to a proxy.

But if you feel comfortable with it, go ahead :evilb:

ok how about we stop hijacking my thread ... and keep my request ...

if you have something to offer than talk otherwise ... Shut the **** up.... okay ... is it hard to do that ...

if you can't offer anything and don't have something constructive to say it is good to stay quiet....

geeezzz

ok how about we stop hijacking my thread ... and keep my request ...

if you have something to offer than talk otherwise ... Shut the **** up.... okay ... is it hard to do that ...

if you can't offer anything and don't have something constructive to say it is good to stay quiet....

geeezzz

Not a nice attitude to have especially when requesting for a free proxy.

yeah obviously ... when there are people who are just hijacking thread ... and you just one more there throwing your comments in ...

i specifically asked don't reply if you are not offering anything....

i dont know what language u speak.

Proxies do take resources
Some slower proxy scripts take less but are way slower, or just show certain things...
I ran the CGI Proxy script (THE cgi proxy script) and then checked by the end of the day
I just told a couple dozen people, but at times the server was under 100% load for as long as an hour....
that was with (2) 2.8 GHZ processors and 8 GB RAM with a fast link....
It ran nothing else other then the script, in case you were wondering

if any one could provide this with only an ad or two... well..... best of luck to your other clients :lol: :lol:

so, in all, I HIGHLY doubt any one will give you hosting on this.
So there
Now you can stop waiting, and make turn your own computer in to a proxy with http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/simple-circumventor-instructions.html

moiz: This is a public forum, that means you are free to say whatever you want, just as long as you don't get offtopic.

Talking about proxy resources in a proxy request thread, especially a free one is more than allowed to do so stop being such a rude prick.

spaceship9: Agreed.

moiz: Like spaceship9 said, go and turn your computer into a proxy:

1. Download an webserver client.
2. Install your proxy there.

Either that or go with paid plans, because no free hosting will give that much resources to a free plan..

Last edited:
i didn't ask for your advice ... and i said don't reply if you don't have anything constructive to say.... you are just keep coming here trying to increase your post count with your rubbish posts....

tht proxies take server load .... u got a server of urself ????

ppl who are in the hosting biz. know it very well that hosting takes server load... so you don't have to repeat ... and if u so wish .. make ur thread and do so ....

i didn't ask for your advice

Fair enough, consider it as an note then.

and i said don't reply if you don't have anything constructive to say

I had something constuctive to say actually, but it was rather constructive critique.

ou are just keep coming here trying to increase your post count with your rubbish posts

To be honest I don't see your posts being any better than mine, and I have already an big post count (I myself think) so why should I spam here?

I whould rather choose another forum to spam then than your rather boring thread :D

hmm

if its so boring than why don't you find another thread to spam on ....

No one really asked for your so called "constructive" critiques ....

and don't need your NOTES here so keep them to yourself ... and use it for your own success (wish you good luck with that one <-- )

Back