• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a domain name registrar and a few coupons.

php_addict

Hi,

I am planning to register either a domain name or domain names. Everything depends on the pricing though. Probably one ".com" domain and another ".info" domain or I can go for 2 ".info" domains. Depends on which is the cheapest, but I think I'll try to get at least one ".com" domain. I know GoDaddy and NameCheap have promos these days. I don't know how to get the coupons though.

Most promos these days are like you will pay $0.99 for the first year then off to $9.99, I guess? Can you guys refer me to an awesome domain name registrar? Probably cheaper or almost the same? And yeah, I am more concerned about the WHOIS, hopefully I can hide it or something.

Thanks.

I don't believe namecheap has a first $0.99 year coupon, but they offer great service. I believe their whois-guard comes free for the first year if you transfer a domain name to them.

NameCheap is great, we've been dealing with them for years and haven't had any issues. They are often running promotions and at the current time they have a 'Touchdown Trivia' (it may be too late to participate). They do give the free whois guard for a year with new domains & transfers.

There are many domain extensions that they offer for a super discounted rate for the first year. I think this includes the .info domains as well.

You are correct with most registrars dropping the $0.99 promotion after the first year. This will likely be the same across the board with any major TLDs.

Good luck.

I don't believe namecheap has a first $0.99 year coupon, but they offer great service. I believe their whois-guard comes free for the first year if you transfer a domain name to them.

Yes, absolutely right. As per I found latest web hosting coupons for Namecheap and Godaddy at http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com , Namecheap is offering whois-guard free for first year on the registration of .com, .net, .org, .info domains at $9.66 + ICANN fee (0.18).

$9.66 (.com, .net, .org, .info domain registration) + Free whois-guard + ICANN fee (0.18) = $9.84

Whereas GoDaddy is offering $0.99 discount price on 1 year .com domain registration. To make your domain private or hide its details then you have to pay extra $7.99.

$0.99 (.com domain registration) + $7.99 (Make domain Private) + ICANN fee (0.18) = $9.16

I hope this information will help you.

Back