• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a dedicated

JJW

NLC
NLC
Phenom II 955 Quad Core (4 cores)
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Hard Drive
10TB Transfer on 100Mbit Port
Any Linux Distribution
Free DirectAdmin for Linux
5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
Unmanaged

is being offered for 69 dollars a month by a provider
I am looking for something similar to this with 4 hard drives raid 10

let me know your price.

Phenom II 955 Quad Core (4 cores)
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Hard Drive
10TB Transfer on 100Mbit Port
Any Linux Distribution
Free DirectAdmin for Linux
5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
Unmanaged

is being offered for 69 dollars a month by a provider
I am looking for something similar to this with 4 hard drives raid 10

let me know your price.

Why not just stick with the provider in question? That is a GOOD deal and unless you have connections I very much doubt you will be able to beat that price.

Also, just because you PM me does not mean they will stay private:

http://dsservers.net/images/Screenshot-2011-07-21_08.37.20.png

Last edited:
somebody must have hacked my account

I highly doubt it.

Anyway, you're not going to get a RAID10 setup for $69. Even with the provider above, I would assume you're looking at a minimum $120?

ll never hurts to ask, maybe somebody will offer something if not i am not hurt but as dedicated servers get older and quad cores become less the norm as they are today. this might happen.

Not likely. With most datacenters, a RAID setup like that would cost nearly $69 just by itself. Most reputable datacenters anyway. And if your current provider is offering you this for $69, jump all over it because that's about a third of what you'd expect to pay elsewhere.

You might be better off with a VPS, although I will admit a dedicated server is better if you are willing to spend a little more.

ll never hurts to ask, maybe somebody will offer something if not i am not hurt but as dedicated servers get older and quad cores become less the norm as they are today. this might happen.

Yep, not going to happen. As Deeplist so accurately put it, the RAID setup alone is going to run you $70 anywhere decent. Quad core servers are far from being "less the norm." Not sure where you got that idea. I'd say the majority of servers out there right now are quad core. But even when they do start becoming obsolte, the price isn't going to drop that much. Pentium IVs and old dual cores will still run you $30-40/mo today. Put a RAID10 setup in those, and you might as well just be looking at a modern server. :)

i need to agree with the above posts

to provide a little info , if you look for software raid then you should get it free ( its software)
but harware raid ?? , here is a 1X setup cost from my datacenter i use

Hardware-RAID 1 (3Ware Controller, 2 Ports) = 200€ ( 250$ - 300$ )

so to finish this quick calculation

Total
Price
(monthly)
104.99 € ( 152$ )
Setup fee
(one-time)
429.96 € ( 624 $ )

Intel Core 2 Quad (4 x 2,4 Ghz)
4 cores, 8 GB of RAM and two + two 400 GB hard disks, connected via a 100 Mbit/s port (no traffic limit) with webmin and centos ( so no costs for control panel )

ofcourse i need to say that my servers are from europe , that makes a difference in price to
but from usa you should expect maybe 25% cheaper then the price i got ( and you got a lot more montly fee's )

here is a calculation from a other datacenter ( scranton , and i got 25% discount with them )
bad usa datacenter (personal meaning) said:
Description Price
Dedicated Servers - (SCRANTON, PA) - Core2Quad Q6600 Quad Core Dedicated Server - (SCRANTON, PA) - RESALE (test.order)
» Operating System: CentOS 6 - 32-BIT
» Control Panel: Direct Admin - Unlimited Domains - (CentOS/Fedora/BSD/Debian/Ubuntu) $9.95 USD
» Bandwidth: 100MBPS Unmetered $18.75 USD
» RAM/Memory: 8GB DDR2 $41.25 USD
» IP Addresses (Base Allocation): 5
» Primary Hard Drive: 500GB SATA $3.75 USD
» RAID - (Requires Additional Hard Drives, All of Same Size, To Be Ordered): Hardware Based - RAID 10 $14.96 USD
» 2nd Hard Drive: 500GB SATA $11.25 USD
» 3rd Hard Drive: 500GB SATA $11.25 USD
» 4th Hard Drive: 500GB SATA $11.25 USD
Total Recurring: $193.62 USD Monthly
my resale price .. from a bad datacenter that i definaly wont recommer (personal meaning).. reason i provide the real price here :p .. i order it at your own risk ...

so as you can see
it is not cheap and definaly not possible for the price you asked

hopely this information is a bit usefull for you and if you are intrested in the quick calculation i made , feel free to let me know in a pm so i can start calculating the real price (little bit more expensive) based on the order terms and whatever else that need to be calculated (like paypal fee's , alertpay fee's or whatever)
for scranton it is at your own risk .. i do not provide support for that usa based datacenter neather will i provide any other related support/help/fix or anyhting else that has to do with that datacenter (you can deal with them directly , i just get your server there a bit cheaper)

Greets From PowerChaos
and think about the offer you made and how realistic it does seems to get it for 70$

edit*
to answer the below question
i can offer you a nice vps solution (basicly a dedicated server with a vps system installed on it )

Core I7 ( 2.8GHZ X 8 ) with 10GB ram ( vps .. ) and 13 ip's and 4X 400GB hd that can be put in raid 10 in linux (software raid )
price ?? 160€

but ofcourse , that is just a dedicated server with a vps system installed on it and the vps system is then used to emulate the raid/linux so you got basicly 4 hd's of 400 mb when you got only 2 hd's of 1TB (also called partitions that looks like real hd's ^^ )

the good thing ? it is a vps , so you can easy destroy the vps and recreate it in case it crash with out dataloss .. doesnt count for the hd ofcourse and that makes the use of raid useless

so a vps to use as raid system ? not the best solution there exist as you are still working with 1 hd , and raid on 1 hd makes no sense

Greets From PowerChaos

Last edited:
Back