• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for a another host, AGAIN, here's what I need ...

mikhail

I own/run Mikhailtech and we're currently hosted by Meemsites but we're having issues and have been for a while now, so it's time to switch over again. Man, WTF, how can 10 different hosts all turn out to be crap?

Anyway, this doesn't have to be a dedicated server, but it's preferable. Here's a general idea of what I need:

~2-5gb storage
at LEAST 50gb/month bandwidth, expandable but not expensive (not like $3/gb for each additional gb, but let's say $10/month extra for 10gb/month extra, or something like that)
Control Panel, phpMyAdmin
PHP 4.whatever (latest version)
FrontPage extensions
Perl
CGI-BIN
MySQL (unlimited DBs, or a very large number)
unlimited subdomains, pop3 mail accounts, forwarders, aliases
multiple FTP accounts (just a few)
dedicated IP address (preferable, if not too much extra $$)
password protected directories
error docs, log files
some sort of backup utility, along with daily backups on your end
Telnet and/or SSH
the basics

Web hosts: please list the features that you offer in full and how much it will cost. I won't necessarily go for the cheapest offer, it'll be a balance of many factors, like how established the company is, the data center specs, where it's located, company background, etc. I will need to switch over soon.

Oh, and tech support is a HUGE factor. There will be lots of questions and I need responses within 6 hours periods at the most. No unmanaged servers either (like RackShack). Multiple support contacts preferable (not just email, but also online tickets, phone number, etc).

EDIT: things are working again now, but I'm still curious as what you have to offer.

Last edited:
What is your budget?

In order for a host to list an approprate plan, it helps to have som idea of what you can afford. :)

Back