• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

London 2012 olympic logo

To be fair, the colours are supposed to change.

Not that that makes it any better though.

1980 called and want their colors back.
:lol:

It isn't the 'Brits' that are stupid it's the pillocks that get allowed to organise these things and the stupid 'marketing' companies that think their ideas are great when they're just cack!

That was amazing, I have already seen some work much better than that:

_43006855_james_wren_416.jpg

As many others have noticed, the logo seems to take inspiration from oral sex.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's animated.

Just kidding, it's looks horrific. The person who made it and fought of it, should be shot especially the person who agreed to buy it for £400,000.

Logo promo causes seizures

From correspondents in London

June 06, 2007 05:19am
Article from: Reuters

Font size: +
-

Send this article: Print
Email

A VIDEO clip promoting the 2012 London Olympic Games logo was removed from the organisers' website overnight after reports it had triggered epileptic fits.

The video clip showed a diver plunging into a pool as part of a campaign to promote the jagged Olympic logo, a graffiti-like blow-up of the number 2012 in a range of colours including hot pink and electric blue.

A London 2012 spokeswoman said the concerns surrounded a four-second piece of animation shown at the logo's launch yesterday and recorded by broadcasters.

"This concerns a short piece of animation which we used as part of the logo launch event and not the actual logo," she said.

"It was a diver diving into a pool which had multi-colour ripple effects."

Critics of the emblem have described it as "hideous", while organisers called it powerful and modern.

The clip's removal follows comments by Professor Graham Harding, an expert in clinical neurophysiology who developed a test used to measure photo-sensitivity levels in animated TV material.

"The logo should not be shown on TV at all at the moment," Prof Harding told the BBC.

"It fails Harding FPA machine test which is the machine the television industry uses to test images."

He said the footage did not comply with regulatory guidelines.

Charity Epilepsy Action said there had been reports that people had had seizures while watching the animated footage.

The BBC reported on its website that a listener had rung its London radio station to say he and his girlfriend had suffered seizures while watching it.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21858293-13762,00.html

That was all over CNN yesteday and on local TV's also , man i really do not get it 400 000 for logo and 600 000 for the video . And my god my head started hurting after watching it both thumbs down ...

LOL same here i seen it on the local news, the first thought that came to mind was what the hell..lol but hopefully theyll change it because it seems everyone hates the thing..

As i heard even some ministers are against it but the council has decided... Yay for epileptic olimpic seizures -_-" !

Back