• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LOL Math

Bruce

NLC
For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, you really should. Apparently most (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt) Verizon Wireless CSRs are perfect examples of human stupidity.

Audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q&eurl=
Transcript: http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/

Best part:
Do you recognize that there's a difference between one dollar and one cent?
Definitely.

Do you recognize there's a difference between half a dollar and half a cent?
Definitely.

Then, do you therefore recognize there's a difference between .002 dollars and .002 cents?
No.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

rofl, what idiots.
How would you write down 1c?

How would you write down half a cent?
Err... 0.005.. well I don't know I'm not a mathmatician

Last edited:
I really dont know what to say :S

Its pretty basic math tho for them not to understand is just crazy,.
I mean if i can understand it they should be able too..

How can they have such a moron at the phone?

I don't believe it toke 22 minuets..

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the guy!

"It's a matter of opinion" How daft! He was stating the facts, they just couldn't seem to fit it inside there brains!

LOL thats to damn funny i wouldnt have paid them. Not with them documenting the rate they quoted me..lol they kinda remind me of Dish Network when it comes to CSRs..you want a laugh call Dish Network...hehehehe

Holy hell, that guy is patient. Can the "supervisor" really be that stupid, or is he just trying to get the guy to hang up in frustration.

I love the silence while the guy pretends to be figuring something out.

(silence)
Ok you were in canada...
(silence)
Data....
(silence)

That really sealed it for me.

I know this topic is a little bit old, but I had to share this.

1166217802iursri6yob11ltc4.jpg

oh man....i was about to start figuring out how much that was...but then i didn't. Is that e ^ i * PI?

it is a simple glitch in the software, and since the computer tells them it is a certain price, that is all they know. if they could just open their minds and ears long enough to listen to basic math, then they would realize that they messed up. i cant blame the guy for being mad. i would be too.

Back