• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

logos

ian

is just an image with your site name in some bright colors not good enough for a logo? Can you give me some links to articles on making logos?

Thanks,
Ian

Originally posted by ian
Is an image with your site name in some bright colors good enough for a logo?

Just make sure it isn't too bright that it blinds your viewers. :eek: But yeah, I think that would be okay, as long as it isn't too large and it fits in with your color scheme. :cool:

Your logo can be anything you want. Most anime sites like using huge pictures with small text for their logos - many, like me, prefer to use simple text logos. Take a look at any page on my site - my logo is just the site name in a Non-standard font, saves as a GIF, and I think it fits with my site scheme nicely.
Err... I'll post my site later.

cool! look at ashben's site! saw that vertical dot dot dot line? this kind of lines has been used on a lot of sites recently i visit! how did you guyz make this kind of lines and borders for tables?

Originally posted by <|R0cKm@nX|>
cool! look at ashben's site! saw that vertical dot dot dot line? this kind of lines has been used on a lot of sites recently i visit! how did you guyz make this kind of lines and borders for tables?

It's not CSS. It's just a tiny (1 x 4 pixels) image of a dot which is then tiled in a table cell.

Oops! It looks exactly like a 1px dotted. I guess one shouldn't assume that everything is CSS. :eek:

best logos are the ones that are very simple in shape and have few colors (e.g the Nike logo). A good logo must be unique easy to remember.

A logo should provide simplicity yet a professional look and even hinting possible users about what your site contains. Whenever I try to make a new logo, I think of all the things I like, and also a brief description of pictures of what my site is about, then overlap them all. It looks like a big mess, but then look at it in a abstract sorta way.. a picture will pop out and stick in your head. Then just duplicate it and change the alpha's and mix it all up. I'll post my site soon to give an example. Its just not finished yet :p

Cyber

Back