• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Linux

roly

I currently have 2 partitons on my 6GB HDD, a 2GB one for Windows and programs and a 4GB one for documents. I have lost the CD Key for the partitioning software:(
So how would I be able to install Mandrake Linux into my current setup?

dont install linux on a partition just dont, you can screw up windows :mad:

if you do its free for all, and also dont forget to fdisk /mbr when your done with linux :confused2

I want to create a ne wpartition in fdisk or use the partitioning thing in the mandrake installer.

what os you use now? i have a few pcs with these OS so ill look what i can do for you, i own 98, 2k, xp and win me... winme isnt loaded on a pc because i hate it but i have an extra pc i can load on it

btw not my fault if you get screwed over for putting linux on the same partition, trust me i learned the hard way

Last edited:
hold on, let me boot up my win98 CPU and see what i can do

ugh, shit.. my moniter wont work on the 98 cpu for some reason, sorry man

Last edited:
defrag your windows drive and use diskdrake (comes with mandrake) to resize and partion you old windows (none of your windows data will be lost)

Back