• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Licensed Instant Messenger

LastActionHero

WBBMods.com
NLC
Did you guys know that MSN and odigo offer licensed instant messengers. That is instead of Odigo IM it is "yourname" IM!
Is there anyone who knows about this?

Just find out that the odigo partnership costs $5,000 ... IF you have that money go for it. But I am a student with a Non-profit site... yikes.. hehe:)

thankx for the odigo info.
but as far as i know MSN is totally free. You just have to download the IEA (INternet Explorer Administration) Kit and apply for a licence, which i believe is also free

Yep

Completley free (msn) even amke your own download page!

ps: you need to download all of 5.5 , but u can customise every bit of it!

yeah

yeah takes a long time but is very cool. and you can burn all the ustomized stuff to your own cd's and all. very cool

Microsoft is evil!

To get that level membership you need to help the monopoly by placing your MSIE buttons above any other browser buttons...

Originally posted by Nfau
ps: you need to download all of 5.5 , but u can customise every bit of it!

Microsoft is evil!

Their not evil . .their a business and a business must do what they have to to survive :D ... I like IE .. and windows .. but I also like BeOS and Linux ... soo ..hehe .. :p

IMHO

I think that the only reason people use IE is cause that is what they have been using for a long time (including myself) and are used to it because they have beeen basically forced to use it. But i may be completely wrong. Whos knows

Forced to use it? have you been threatened by Bill lately?

Really, I've used a few other borwsers, but prefer IE. Loads up quick and works well enough.

Originally posted by Chicken
Forced to use it? have you been threatened by Bill lately?

Really, I've used a few other borwsers, but prefer IE. Loads up quick and works well enough.

I agree with Chicken. Next people migiht start saying, oh, I am beingpaid to use IE.:D IE works better with a lot of websites. Netscape for some reason makes them look like crap. Also Netscape runs so slow;)

actually

i have been forced first i had to use it because worldspy makes u use it. Then when you have a 26.4 connection that will cut you off every so hours you can't download netscape. So there are reasons i can't use netscape. Oh and when i get dsl i will use netscape

I used to like Netscape, but now IE is way better... Especially Version 5.+... The only thing I use NS for is to check my sites to make sure they look alright in it for those still stuck in the past! :)

Opera 5 is really nice, doesn't take up much resources and is fast. I would keep an eye on Mozilla though, they seem promising when they finally release their final version.

A note on MSN Messenger. That's not as customizable as Odigo. They allow you to have a gif image ... and add personalized title for the Messenger. Also if you have a email service they allow you to tie it up with that. But the user still needs to register with hotmail. or passport.com to use the Messenger. I just thouht I let you guys know what I setup.

BTW. Isn't IE based on Mozilla ... I thought all graphical broswer are written with the Mozilla code?

Re: actually

Originally posted by Epgs
i have been forced first i had to use it because worldspy makes u use it. Then when you have a 26.4 connection that will cut you off every so hours you can't download netscape. So there are reasons i can't use netscape. Oh and when i get dsl i will use netscape

I thought worldspy was dead? Is it still kickin' ??? I had used it a couple of times.

Re: actually

Originally posted by Epgs

What, you kidding?? I get Netscape in the snail mail on a mini disk at least once a week along with AOL's junk. I wish they would lose my friggin addy. The post office should have a pay option so that you dont get AOL's junk.

Hmm..I never got Netscape in disk..AOL - several a week, but it's not so bad now that they're sending it out in useful plastic cases. :)
Netscape 2 was the only browser worth using. I keep asking people if they have any opinions on why they decided to stop being good. I guess it's because AOL owns it now..can't think of any other reason.

I know MSN is not as customizable as Odigo. But something is better than nothing!!
As far as IE vs Netscape is concerned I have got so used to using IE that i don't use netscape. This is what monopoly does to the your rivals. I would recommend breaking microsoft into the number of departments they have and then see who uses MS products.

As far i know everybody on linux uses Netscape coz it's the only good browser on linux(gui interface). Yeah opera is there but it's still in beta.

Back