• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Layout/Design Review Request

Silent-X

Looking to get the overall layout and what not of my vbadvance based site reviewed, let me know what you think. Although there isn't as much content with the current direction I am taking the site, I do plan to have it there one day. :cry2:

Mostly looking for suggestions and what not on how it looks, I did use a theme, modified it a little, changed the background, logo and other features to it. Hopefully it doesnt go against the rules, as it is not meant to be a mostly forum based site.

URL: http://www.zeroaxis.net

Still working on setting up the look and feel of reviews and what not, so none are available.

No comments, suggestions or anything? Maybe a suggestion on good review scripts that would integrate well into vbulletin/vbadvanced, or a good way to go about doing it.

Where the background ends and turns dark blue doesn't look too good, you should try fixing the background image so that it doesn't scroll.

I used to have a BG that didn't scroll, didn't look right with my setup though. I changed the quality of the bg image, should fix the blemishes that were on the area where it turned dark blue.

I feel is too complex when i entered your website, the word description is so much!
I think you can change the background color and reducde the words, it will be more attractive!

Laurus, I dont think it is totally a forum website, looks like a games portal to me.

I also think the BG should be fixed, but if you really cannot do that then I suggest fading a little longer if you can and change the BG to white instead of the dark blueish color. The image shown now does stretch beyond my 1600x900 res, and I think would look nice fixed.

flashfango: Not sure what you mean about that, people go to resource sites to view news, previews, reviews and all that stuff, which includes lots of text.

Sain Cai: I will see about a longer fade. I am guessing you mean width wise on the resolution correct? I could try to bring the characters on the side in a bit, I kinda like where they are currently, but I will give it a go.

Laurus: I plan to make it a gaming portal once I am able to get a good download and review/preview system going on it, which are my current planned projects. Download system I have planned to use mirrorbrain as a back end in a way, still haven't figured out how I am going to do the front end, but that will come in time. Might even take up some PHP classes and grab some books soon.

Edit: Larger fade added to background image.

Last edited:
Imho , the background and the forum skin don't go that well .
Background appears way too dark and the forum appears way to bright in comparison .
You should look to change vbulletin skins .
Just my 2 cents...

Back