• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

last night and this morning SUCKED monkey b@ll5!!!

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
so, last night, my roomie and i found a new place to move that we both really like and were on our way to get dinner and then going to go do the credit application to hopefully get approved for the condo. so, we go to the chinese buffet down the road and when i go to use my truck lock clicker remote, it doesnt lock my door. keeping in mind that the clicker is just under a year old cause i had to replace it when i broke my last one. thinking that it may be a battery issue, but, doubtful since they normally last 3-4 years, i decide that i will at least try changing the battery.

so, i walk across the road to target to get a battery, and then i go back to my truck. fingers crossed that the clicker will now work. well, it didnt. i then remembered that i had to sync the remote to the truck remote system since the battery was changed. nor remembering how to re-sync the clicker, i had no choice but to set my alarm off, click the alarm wire, and pull the fuse to keep my horn from beeping.

on some cars, the alarm will stop going off if you start the car, well, mine isnt set up that way. boooo. so, i sit there for about 2 minutes with my lights flashing cause the alarm is silently going off, and finally i drive home.

here is where the bigger dilemma comes in to play. i cant lock my door with the key cause my driver door key hole is missing the clip inside the door, so, the key just spins (havent felt like fixing since i have a clicker and have to be able to disarm the alarm, so, a key is no good really by itself). so, i decide that one night with my truck unlocked is no big deal. nothing valuable is left in my truck overnight anyways, so, i figured, what the hell, and left it unlocked for the night.

well, now it is morning and i am get off the phone with the GMC service center and go outside to try to re-sync my clicker to my truck to find out that someone went around looking for unlocked vehicles, and decided to tear apart the entire inside of my truck. not finding any money and not being able to steal my truck (cant start it without the interlock device that i have on it) they see my garage door opener that i forgot to take out, and decide to open my garage door. now i would have never known that they opened it except for the simple fact that the garage door opener is messed up and will only open with the clicker but not close unless you use the wall mounted opener and hold the button down till the door is all the way down.

so, i called the police and start looking for missing things. they stole my garage door opener, go figure, my no-doze and advil, and some change out of my truck, lol. and then i find about $5k of computer software, movies and fishing stuff stolen from the garage. so, the police fingerprint and take a report.

finally i get to the dealer to get the remote re-synced and my boss still made me come into work. not to blame him as there is a lot to do, but, under the circumstances, it would have been nice to take the day off.

oh, so, it goes without saying, FML!!!

Ouch :(.

I was robbed once (about 10 years ago) and it's a horrible feeling. Will you be covered by insurance for this?

Bit harsh that you had to go into work - if you don't mind me asking, what do you actually do? I would have thought most places would give you some time off!!!

I know how you feel man. This morning I went into the kitchen to pour a bowl of cereal but we had run out of cereal. I mean, yours is worse but still.

Ouch :(.

I was robbed once (about 10 years ago) and it's a horrible feeling. Will you be covered by insurance for this?

Bit harsh that you had to go into work - if you don't mind me asking, what do you actually do? I would have thought most places would give you some time off!!!
yeah, i had my old car broken into before, but, was wayyy worse the first time. i do web development and i am heading up a huge project right now, by myself, lol, and i have a lot to do, so, i understand why he wanted me to come if i could. if i had wanted it off, i could have taken it, but, since i am under my 90 day evaluation, didnt want to not come in when im needed. he just said he would like me to come if i could, but, i didnt have to, but, it looks good that i did come.
Your boss stole the stuff :p He sounds like a douche-bag anyway.
lol, nah, my boss is actually really cool. he has a department to run and projects that need to be completed, so, i understand. all good.
I know how you feel man. This morning I went into the kitchen to pour a bowl of cereal but we had run out of cereal. I mean, yours is worse but still.
dude, i think your situation might have pissed me off more. that blows.
The sane I had 7 years ago. That was horrible.
it does
Sorry to hear it :(
i felt the same. lol.

last night and this morning SUCKED monkey b@ll5!!!

So... did u suck em before or after u got robbed? :p

J/K

I feel for you. Sorry to say but i dont have any similar experience. My worst day counts as me being at home all day with no electricity (and thus absolutely nothing to do but lie on bed for 10 hours...)

Ahh, I see. Well at least he gave you an out if you did want/need the time off. Definitely bonus points for going in ;).

Damn dude, that sucks!

Here I normally leave my car unlocked and don't leave anything valuable anywhere in it - I'd rather have someone go through it than break the window. Well, one day I forgot my iPod in the glove box. Whaddayaknow, some crackhead goes up in my front yard that night and takes it. He left the glove box open, but he had the courtesy to lock my door when he was done.

Damn dude, that sucks!

Here I normally leave my car unlocked and don't leave anything valuable anywhere in it - I'd rather have someone go through it than break the window. Well, one day I forgot my iPod in the glove box. Whaddayaknow, some crackhead goes up in my front yard that night and takes it. He left the glove box open, but he had the courtesy to lock my door when he was done.

yeah, isnt it ironic that the only night i leave it open, someone goes and checks my door and opens it. glad they didnt bust the window though.

Your door locks from the inside right?

What you're supposed to do when things like the click-lock don't work, is to lock it from inside, then climb out through the passenger door, and lock that with the key.

Your door locks from the inside right?

What you're supposed to do when things like the click-lock don't work, is to lock it from inside, then climb out through the passenger door, and lock that with the key.

that would have been the logical thing to do, but, when youre in the situation, it is more like, "its only one what, im sure it will be fine" type of thinking that comes to mind.

Back