• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lashing Out, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My life really is crappy. I don't really like to find people to annoy, make angry, etc. either. Having a mother who gets angry at little things (even worse are big things) and I have a dad who's an alcoholic (My mother is a drug user.)

Also, there's a saying: "Once a drug user, always a drug user." Not to put down the Narcotics/Alcoholics Anonymous groups or anything, but it is true.

me said:
i dont get it, how is your life crappy? just because, excuse the insult here please, but your parents are losers. that doesnt make your life crappy man, that makes their lives bad. you have a choice on how you turn out. dont let that stuff effect how you feel. just do the best you can every day, and dont turn out like them. if you feel like you got it bad, then you should try a week in my family. i wont even go into details here, but, just to give you a little inside as to how screwed up my family is, my step dad, used to be married to my step mom. ok, that isnt even the tip of the iceberg. so, i in now way feel my life is "crappy". i make my own choices. i have worked my --- off to get a great job, i have a wonderful wife, i live in a nice area, i have nice belongings, and i did this all with having a ----ty family. dont site around having pity on yourself, and expect others to take pity on you too. you need to get up, stop crying about how bad you got it, and make some changes. if you do, i guarantee that things will turn out ok for you.
please answer the above question.

So I've been thinking... maybe it's time to explain why I've been... a really pain in the --- for the years and years I've been around. (Those who are on Freewebspace.net already know about some of this due to recent discussions.) Although I can--hopefully--change for the better... I lash out because of frustrations in life I have. For example, my mother getting angry at me for every little thing I do (It gets worse, much worse, if it's a big thing) she's also a drug addict. My father's an alcoholic, and he doesn't really care about spending time with me all that much. One of my aunts is also a drug addict (and still is using.) Most of my family except for two individuals on the Carlson side of my family are all not really smart, bad at caring, bad with money, etc. Now tell me why I shouldn't be lashing out, and I'll really give it some thought.

(Moderators, or whoever... please split and merge posts about this into this thread. We don't want them lost or anything.)
Here's the thing: I don't remember you ever lashing out once. People just don't like you because you're pretentious, annoying and turning emo.

Find someone who like to high five a lot. That is the key to happyness, being around people who love to unironically high five all the time. How could you ever be sad?

Find someone who like to high five a lot.

This man speaks the truth. Last night I easily made a dozen or so high fives for no apparent reason, after having miserably failed my exam that morning. :beer:

TLDR;

get a blog.

Here's the thing: I don't remember you ever lashing out once. People just don't like you because you're pretentious, annoying and turning emo.

very true. and @ iyeru, the reason i am asking questions that i wish you would just answer is i am actually trying to be nice and not go off on you again.

Yeah, I mean there are already a million blogs out there where people pour out all their problems. They're all poorly written and annoying, and the last thing we need is another one...but I don't read them anyway. And I read the things that get posted here.

So there's a thumbs up for the blog.

Incidentally, the thumbs up goes in the same category as the high five. Try giving someone the thumbs up and not feeling better about it.

Honestly, if you've gone to see a bunch of counselors and they're not helping out, what good are we? We're not trained to handle your issues (as has been demonstrated in this thread)

Honestly, if you've gone to see a bunch of counselors and they're not helping out, what good are we? We're not trained to handle your issues (as has been demonstrated in this thread)

That may be, but just the "talking to you" part is good for some of us.

I'd suggest talking with a qualified counselor -- most colleges provide them free of charge. It doesn't hurt to give them a shot.

Past that, try to enjoy life as much as you can. Find something that you enjoy doing -- some hobby away from anything electronic preferably. I've personally found that keeping myself healthy -- proper exercise, lifting weights, and eating well is a very good way to feel alive and ready to start every day.

Iyeru,

We all have issues man. As said before. And, there is always people worse off than us.
I was just like you, and still can be when I don't watch myself. That has been evident here a few weeks back. But I learn on a daily basis to think before I leap.
I have had rough times. For some people, they would be described as the worst they could ever imagine. I was raped, beaten, tortured etc from the age of 10 to 14. I was so angry at society, it was unbearable to even dwell on. I campaigned against the Government, Hunger striked, etc. But, where did it get me? Absolutely nowhere only on the front page of almost every major newspaper in Ireland.

There are things in life that are just meant to be. We can't change them, no matter how hard we try. But there is something we CAN change about them, and that's how we feel about them and ourselves.

Stop dwelling in the past and being angry because you were not taken care of as much as the kid down the street. Get on the train and get on with life. It's all you have that you can make something of.

As suggested, get some professional help. You said you tried to talk to a Counselor before but it didn't work? Maybe you didn't want it to work at the time? It happened to me too. But I went back when I realised I was going down hill pretty fast and saw no other directions to take. It worked because I wanted it to work.

Today? Yeah I still get angry and suffer from depression (suicidal depression), have PTSD and also have weird mood swings. I recently lost my best mate because he couldn't handle my moods anymore after 5 years. But, I gotta put myself first. Because, if I am not well enough to take care of me, what good will I be to anyone else?

Think about that. Sit back, take a personal inventory and see where you are going wrong. Deal with it, fix it, and move on. I promise, you will never look back.

Good luck to you.

First off, I think you're lying about your mother being a drug addict, because you added it in as an after thought:
For example, my mother getting angry at me for every little thing I do (It gets worse, much worse, if it's a big thing)
It was as if you didn't think you'd get enough sympathy, so you added in "and she's also a drug addict"

My father's an alcoholic, and he doesn't really care about spending time with me all that much.
Unless he comes home total plastered, has stripper glitter in his hair and beats the living ---- out of you for not making pancakes the right way, I think he's probably just a casual drinker, and you just want to be alone. So it would appear to yourself as him being an alcoholic and him not wanting to spend time with you.
Most of my family except for two individuals on the Carlson side of my family are all not really smart, bad at caring, bad with money, etc.
Define "not really smart", "bad at caring", and "bad with money". Also, keep in mind that there are few people who are really good at caring, really smart, and good with money.

If you're in college, you're probably living in a dorm, away from your family. Or, you live at home and commute, in which case you could just get a job and rent an apartment. You're 20, you don't have to live at home if it's so terrible.

Someone like Dan has every right to lash out, but you iyeru probably aren't even close to that.

Last edited:
I don't live with my mother or father because it's so terrible. I live with... dun dun duuuun, my grandmother. Who kinda is like being around my mother.

That makes no sense.

You don't live with your mother because it's "terrible" yet you live with your grandmother who is like your mother (ie terrible)??

Well, in the sense of personality, and certain things. But she's nicer than my mother by a lot. By the way, what's with that avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back