• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Laptop buying.

Reaper28

Theres tons of different brand names out there for laptops

Dell HP Apple ACER Etc.

I wanna buy one but i dunno which would be a perfect buy for the buck

Any one got any reccomendations on laptops that are good quality and are a good buy ?

I absolutely love HP... I've got the tx1320us tablet PC and it is awesome, my only complaint is the location of the fingerprint reader is not the best.

I've also got the m8034n desktop and it too is absolutely awesome.

I have had nothing but quality from HP over the years and I still stand by them. I have this thing against Dell and I absolutely will not own a Dell. Acer is alright, but they are more of a budget computer if you ask me.

As for Apple, I love my iMac and Macbook Pro ;)

If you like Windows, go for HP. You can't lose, especially with the prices being so low!

I second HP. I recently just bought a HP laptop as well. Works very well for work (not gaming, the video card is not that great for gaming). I have a HP Pavillion DV2500. I recommend it if you will be using it for work only.

HP's come with quite a bit of preloaded crap. When I used to work on PCs, they had:
-Norton of some flavor, HP total access tool (crap), tons of Java games thru Wildtangent, etc. etc.

I am partial to Toshibas, but they are known to have a lot of crap too preloaded. That HP laptop doesn't look too bad tho.

I've got a bit of experience with this.

Stay far, far away from Toshiba - their support is horrible, and their computers aren't much better.

HP makes halfway decent computers, their support is usually pretty decent, providing you get ahold of someone who understands English properly. Though personally I will not likely ever buy one again, I don't like them not giving install discs (crappy recovery media)

I've heard great things about Fujitsu, they make high quality laptops using top parts, and have amazing support, my next laptop is almost definitely going to be a Fujitsu.

Gateway is also going through some issues right now due to their acquisition by Acer..so they're not the best company to buy from right now.

I vote for HP. I have had my HP Pavilion dv6700t for a few months, and it works great for home using or work.

and recently there is a coupon about 30% off $1299 HP Pavilion Laptops at Hp Home, you can give it a look

I love my Sony Viao, but I may be a bit sony bias any more, I now own ever sony product I can afford, but thats just because iv found they are the best quality..

I would just recommend not getting a dell, iv had to many problems with them!.

If you go with HP dump EVERYTHING that comes on it...

Both of mine came with at least 10GB of so of pure crap. It took me at least 2 days to get rid of everything.

If you go with HP dump EVERYTHING that comes on it...

Both of mine came with at least 10GB of so of pure crap. It took me at least 2 days to get rid of everything.

I'll do that :)

It comes with Vista home premium tho :( i guess i can live with that

HP's come with quite a bit of preloaded crap. When I used to work on PCs, they had:
-Norton of some flavor, HP total access tool (crap), tons of Java games thru Wildtangent, etc. etc.

I am partial to Toshibas, but they are known to have a lot of crap too preloaded. That HP laptop doesn't look too bad tho.
I found I had little trouble removing all the crapware on my HP laptop. Time consuming, yes. But not that tricky. Plus there's always tools like nlite to help with that issue.

The only laptop i have is the one i'm using.
I've always wanted a VAIO laptop, so i got one.
It's okay for the general use, running apps like Photoshop etc, but when it comes to playing games, you can play WoW & FFXI on it easy, but games like CS: S no chance.

the only thing i don't like about Laptops are the monitors. LCD annoys me.
My VAIO came with software, like the typical Norton Trial which didn't bother me, since i already had Norton, and it had some other apps like Click2DVD, InterVideo, DVGate plus, Roxio, it had some others like Nero etc, but i uninstalled them.

oh, and it also came with a copy of Vista.

Last edited:
Back