• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ladies, please make sure you use the phone properly

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
So in concordance with my "I just broke up with my girlfriend" thread, this thread is about some new womenly endeavors I have been experiencing. While dusting off my 3.5 year old untouched "game" I've ran into an obstacle with this one chick that drives me crazy.

I met her at a bar/pizza place that a lot of bands play at. I run sound there nearly every weekend. The girl I met was really cute, interesting and also a musician which was a big big bonus.

So I'm pretty interested in her. I asked her for her number and she gave it to me and told me when to call her. So I called her, during the entire conversation I had trouble trying to understand a damn word she was saying because she sounded muffled like her finger was over the phone microphone. So I mostly just said "yep" "uh huh" and threw in comments on the bits of conversation I did understand.

Like the geek that I am, I talked to her online for a bit last night and after a while she asked if she could call me. So she did. I was hoping that maybe I could understand her this time, sure enough it was the same thing. I decided I had enough about 30 seconds into the conversation so I said in a meaningful/chipper way "Hey you know, I'm having trouble hearing you, your voice sounds kinda muffled maybe it's your phone" she said "hmm that's weird" and kept talking not getting the freaking hint. So I sat on my bed, closed my eyes and turned my cell phone volume all the way up. It helped but still I had trouble understanding everything.

The whole conversation really pissed me off but what really got me was when she had to say something to her room mate so she tells me "hang on" and when she spoke to the other person I heard her crystal clear. What I am betting happened was she pulled the damn phone a few inches off her face.

This experiences is ruining my game with this girl. I keep saying things like "huh?", "what was that?" and it's throwing me off. So girls and guys I suppose. Tell all your friends and tell them to tell their friends that when you talk on the phone make sure the other person can hear you.

Unlucky with love and phones? What a bummer. I reccomend buying a speakphone because they are really annoying, she will get fed up with talking to you, and she will engage in more non-phone conversation.

striker said:
It's sad how you post your most personal life details in an online forum.

I think it makes me feel better about myself, knowing I have a much more interesting life.

I post experiences with irony, but nothing I'd consider too personal.

As far as my "game" I am being somewhat joking/sarcastic. But I will say I've been lucky with the ladies in my life...

There's nothing wrong with talking about personal stuff, if he wants to share.

If you want to get good at pick up I recommend going inside the pickup artist community. They got some pretty neat things you can learn there.

striker said:
It's sad how you post your most personal life details in an online forum.
It was a slightly humorous story of his life he wanted to share. Lighten up. It's not like these forums are his online diary.

guitarnerd said:
So in concordance with my "I just broke up with my girlfriend" thread, this thread is about some new womenly endeavors I have been experiencing. While dusting off my 3.5 year old untouched "game" I've ran into an obstacle with this one chick that drives me crazy.

Rebounder?

guitarnerd said:
Ladies, please make sure you use the phone properly
Gentlemen, please learn to communicate :wave: How hard is it to ask why her voice appears muffled?

Jan said:
Gentlemen, please learn to communicate :wave: How hard is it to ask why her voice appears muffled?
LOL! But he did ask.
"Hey you know, I'm having trouble hearing you, your voice sounds kinda muffled maybe it's your phone"

I see one major problem: You have realized no net gain by speaking with her on the phone. In the time you've spent struggling to comprehend her mumblings, you've forgone the opprotunity to complete more useful or enjoyable tasks.

You have also not suceeded in seeing her again.

I suggest inviting her over to do your dishes. This act requires her presence, but does not require her to speak, thus solving both of your problems AND forcing her to play YOUR game

A bit of advice from a female. Don't converse with her via phone if you like her. It sounds like *if you could undestand my muffling sounds* lol communicate face to face or IM or email.

Second tip. It may hurt the girl. But if you want *to get your game on* with the girl. You will need to be direct with her. I know you told her politely the first time. Second time you need to be direct with her.

Because how serious are you about this girl, if you are worried about being direct with her? Or is it truly a *game* you are after? Than if she is just a *game* to you. Than muffling on the phone is her game.

The girl probably figures you just think of her as *game*. So she will play along long enough to get what she wants and needs. A nice night in bed, and no breakfast in the morning. Not even coffee. Or a courtesy kiss.

Last edited:
Back