• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kill Bill

atlas

Someone just posted in the "Top 5 Movies" thread with Kill Bill V.1 as a top choice. How many of you have seen the movie, and if so what did you think? I suppose it'd be interesting to hear if you've seen Volume 2 as well.

I just saw Volume 1 tonight on DVD. I'd heard the film described as "ultra-violent", but I generally am not incredibly turned off by violent movies -- which is the reason why I still wanted to see it (and it being a Tarantino film).

With that in mind, it still seemed to me that much of the movie was totally unnecessary -- massively violent scenes for no real reason. I suppose a movie about revenge is bound to be bloody, but it seemed to be total excess. I also wasn't very fond of the animation part of the movie either; perhaps it was too grotesque to actually film but...

I'm just surprised the film has gotten such amazing reviews.

You know, Tarantino makes some pretty decent flicks, but dude is a giant sack of everything bad. I know all I know is what I see in the media, but I really can't stand the guy. Turned me off of seeing Volume 2 despite loving Volume 1.

You need to see a couple of kung fu movies from the 70's to really enjoy Kill Bill. Volume 1 is more action and Volume 2 is more dialouge. I loved the anime part of vol 1. Volume 2 is in a slower pace but still very good. But the dialogue is not as good as in Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction. My favourite Tarantino movie is Reservoir Dogs.

I rented Kill Bill the other night and watched it with a friend.... after about 50 minutes I turned it off, I found it to be very pointless and kind of boring! Im usually into the violence and what not, but the way people described the movie to me, I was expecting a bit more violence

I think Pulp Fiction is the benchmark that Tarantino films need to try and achieve. That movie hauled ---, and I believe it's his best film...not that he has too many films to compare it to.

Blank Verse said:
I think Pulp Fiction is the benchmark that Tarantino films need to try and achieve. That movie hauled ---, and I believe it's his best film...not that he has too many films to compare it to.

In my opinion Pulp Fiction is his best film. To continue on this side note, I actually liked Jackie Brown better than Reservoir Dogs too.

I haven't watched many 70s kung foo movies, so perhaps that is why I didn't enjoy Kill Bill as much as I expected I would.

*look around* Could that be me you're talking about putting Kill Bill on the list of my top 5 movie? Yup.

Much to said about Kill Bill, but I will sum it in one sentence. "You either hate it or you love it." The majority anime fans can tell that most of V. 1 was influence by anime, and the typical anime action is bloody violent like that. Thus, if you hate violent movie and you don't like action anime, than I'm sure you will not find Kill Bill V. 1 to your liking.
And for those who plan to watch V. 2 and didn't see V. 1 yet, I suggest you go see V. 1 first. Because V. 2 isn't a sequel, Kill Bill is one movie split in two parts due to lack amount of time, that's why I suggest to go see V. 1 first because it will help you understand V. 2 better.

Back