• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kelmhosting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technics

NLC
NLC
They down again? Not a very reliable host is it?

I was looking at there packages yesterday and had a good old chuckle. Fox and NC_TOM you clearly arent aware of the restrictions of an RAQ. You can only host upto 200 sites on an RAQ and thats not adviseable either any more than a hundred and you have problems. So how will you offer unlimited Subdomains? I could come along and buy one package and setup 150 subdomains and your RAQ would be pretty darn useless.

You do not tell your customers how much you buy certain things from your provider for because they will expect you to sell it to them at the same price.

This is what i saw on the site yesterday you may of updated it since then, But i do suggest you learn more about how an RAQ works.

Down Again! I couldnt figure out the no static ip thing? I think they mean that you dont get assigned your own IP. But the way its done, it looks like your stuck with a dynamic IP. Then again, maybe the lack of sleep the past 4 days have cought up with me.

The hosting was/is name based and it's $2 per month with a $32 setup fee to have your site placed on a dedicated IP. Who in there right mind would pay that?

To get my site hosted on a dedicated IP address it would cost me $56 the first year. I could get a dedicated IP and webhosting for that cost. You need to think about your pricing structure.

I hear alot of bad things about them here, has anyone actually got an account with them and can tell us what they are like?

No matter what they offer, there downtime is horrendous. NC_Tom should leave this little scam now, before his name gets ruined.

Alex asked me to help him out - because "you seem be good at php and i need a 2nd moderator for php"

I told him "no" because I'm working on too many things all at onces right now (including my own hosting business).

I offered Alex to help him with the server and be the server administrator for the server. And I did, I fixed up the server, I installed everything you asked, I made sure it was updated with all the required secuirty patches and such. But than I wasn't even recieving my credit for it. All the staff pages kept saying "SERVER ADMIN: TOM". And I was like, wait a second, I did all this work to let Tom (nothing personal Tom) take all the credit? I too have a webhosting company to run and he wanted me to do everything immediately when he wanted it. Sorry.

I honestly did believe that KelmHosting could have been a good, successful company. But when I saw Alex tell people he charges .10 cents per extra GB they go over and that he provides free hosting, I was like no way am I gonna be in this.

I offered Alex to be co-owner, that is when I thought KelmHosting was going to be a good company. He told me no, that is his mom didn't want a co-owner. And than the next day Tom is Co-Owner. Alex thought by having Tom as the Co-Owner he would get more signups. But than again, who knows more about a RaQ? I do. But its cool, I'm glad I didn't get involved.

One of my friends went into Alex's chatroom and Alex told him he loved Tacidhost and that Tacidhost was great. Do I see another Tacidhost forming here?

To NC_TOM: As I have told you before, he will give you a bad name. Get out while you have a chance. He will get you introuble. Tom, yes I understand you have different plans for Kelmhosting and working with Alex to improve it, but it's too late. There is no trust in that company.

To Alex: You have no concept of money and no idea how to run a professional webhosting business. Charging .10 cents per extra GB will make you suffer a lot. That means 50GB is only 5 Dollars. You only have 150GB of bandwidth on that server, which for $15 dollars I can purchase all 150GB. You went to quick in opening up.

To PSX-Dude: If Alex gives you Vbulletin, trash it. it's an illegal copy. He has done this before and I bet you he will give you the illegal copy. I know because he has been asking Tom and other people to give him some money to help purchase VBulletin. Sorry to had to waste your time designing a site for him with nothing inreturn.

To Rockergrrl: :) Smart move. Never get involved. lol.

And one more note, Alex, you lie so much it's unbelieveable. Again he told my friend that he had sold I think 9 cobalt servers at $150 a month and a $250 setupfee (he resells rackshack's 99 dollar servers but chares $150 instead). That means that you made $2,250 alone on setup fees and make an average of $1,350 a month? Geez I'm in the wrong business here. My friend could have been a potential client, and that's how he lies? Geez.

Just my .2 cents.

Thanks for that insight, Robert... this will tell me not to have do anything with Alex he really rips people off by giving himself or someone else credit and he doesn't have any knowledge in finances.

Tom has guaranteed me he will not leave. We will not be getting vbb, I have though got a refund for AutoSetup v2.0 which I plan to buy a vbb licence to give to psx-dude. Now please understand as our raq needs it we will be upgrading when it needs it. We can upgrsade to around 512MB of ram.

ALSO: We will be using our own nameservers and I hope I can aplogize for all the downtime you've been seeing. You don't understand whats going on kelmnetwork.com hasent been down but kelmhosting.com has because it's on a brand new server tom got. We have 2 servers (do a nslookup on kelmhosting.com and kelmnetwork.com) I do though aplogize for all the ways I have acted and I am planning to straighten all this out and make it better. If you have any questions please just email me at Alex@KelmNetwork.com I again aplogize if you think kelmhosting is a bad company. Also we're not even open yet, that is why I personally think that we're allowedto have LOTS of downtime becasuewe're not even open. Please frogive me.. I didn't mean to have any downtime because I didn't think 1 million people we're viisting my site. I'm only pulling 25MB of bandwith over the whole server. and Only 9MB of n the new server. Please check us out as ounce we open we will provide very good support, phone support (coming 3 days after we open), aol support, lots of things! Also to robert.. I didn't think you could be co-owner because you run your own webhosting company. Tom is getting half of our profit so he wouldent pull out. Ounce we open we will be good..very good.. I just hope people give us a try. I have 2 people lined up, and a 3rd very intrested person. Thank you! I aplogize.. you just don't understand how long i've been trying to get this dang company up. When I opened i admit i wanted to rush into things and open but i didnt.. I planed to open today but I most likely wont be unless I get this "Relaying denied! eror on kelmhosting.com" fixed... and i have a problem with *.cgiscripts just showing the text inside them and not the actual cgi cript.. but I will most likely be opening our 1st server today.. and if anybody has any questions feel free to email me at Alex@KelmNetwork.com. ounce again! I aplogize!!
- Alex
Owner & Founder Of The KelmNetwork

Also robert..
you may have thought I wasent giving you credit and that is why you are mad at me.. I had your name on there.. I had put it on there before you asked me to take you off of server admin... it might not have shown up.. because i uploaded it a little before you asked me to take it off.. so If you do want to still be server admin please contact me on AIM or e-mail me at Alex@KelmNetwork.com and I will put at the bottom "Server Modified Or Adminstrated by Robert" or on the staff page: Server Admin: Robert.. TOM is co-owner.. and about that: my mom didnt want co-owner until tom went out and bought KELMHOSTING ANOTHER server... so he is getting 50/50 of our net profit.

The correct way - Once not Ounce .....

Alex,

You've ruined your reputation as hosting company. Nobody will be willing todo business with you now or in 3 months time or 3 years time.

I know why your getting the problems with the cgi scripts also .... take a look in your httpd.conf file and you'll see that the server hasnt setup the domain correctly. Manually add the perl extensions to this and it will work we had that problem on our server.

Relaying, Make sure both www.kelmhosting.com and kelmhosting.com are in the relaying list and also the domains IP. If they arent add them and u'll see that they work fine.

I don't think Ihave i think ounce i get up and running people will understand how i have been the last few days.. I've been up almost 22 hours with no sleep.. and I sill have to go to bed.. i've only gone to bed over the last few days round 4 or 8 hours of sleep.. i am very tired and I just want to get this thing off of the ground.

No one will sign up with you now, Alex... you are worse than Yupapa. 1 Million people visiting your site? Yeah right, and zero signups?

Hi,

I agree, even on dedicated linux that can easily host 300 sites, its best to host 200, to keep everything going well. I have no idea how an raq can hold more then 200 sites.
Originally posted by Technics
They down again? Not a very reliable host is it?

I was looking at there packages yesterday and had a good old chuckle. Fox and NC_TOM you clearly arent aware of the restrictions of an RAQ. You can only host upto 200 sites on an RAQ and thats not adviseable either any more than a hundred and you have problems. So how will you offer unlimited Subdomains? I could come along and buy one package and setup 150 subdomains and your RAQ would be pretty darn useless.

You do not tell your customers how much you buy certain things from your provider for because they will expect you to sell it to them at the same price.

This is what i saw on the site yesterday you may of updated it since then, But i do suggest you learn more about how an RAQ works.

Yes, RockerGrrl, hows it going? did burst.net ever setup your server? i remember when you use to join the folks at hosthideout :)
Originally posted by rockergrrl
Alex asked me to help him out - because "you seem be good at php and i need a 2nd moderator for php"

I told him "no" because I'm working on too many things all at onces right now (including my own hosting business).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back