• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Judge: Bush Abortion Ban Unconstitutional

i'm for abortion for various reasons, and agreeing with robert its really up to the person involved to make up thier own mind.

I support abortion to a certain extent.

I do not support abortion as a form of birth control, or if the mother feels she cannot support the child, as there is always adoption among other options.

I do not support third trimester abortions, unless the mother or fetus is at serious risk.

I do support abortions in the case of rape and severe health concerns.

Just my opinion. :)

I'm with you more or less james. I'm overall pro-choice, but I agree on the "birth control" thing. If you can have the child, have the child. Don't use abortion because you screwed up and don't want to deal with the consequences. I think abortion should be the last resort. It's always going to be better if you can give a child up for adoption, for example.

That being said, I know it's much easier said than done, and ultimately, it is the woman's choice.

Blank Verse said:
I'm with you more or less james. I'm overall pro-choice, but I agree on the "birth control" thing. If you can have the child, have the child. Don't use abortion because you screwed up and don't want to deal with the consequences. I think abortion should be the last resort. It's always going to be better if you can give a child up for adoption, for example.

That being said, I know it's much easier said than done, and ultimately, it is the woman's choice.
I don't want to sound sexist or anything, but an abortion can also affect the father of the would-be child.

Yes, I am sure I cannot even begin to imagine the pain a mother would feel after having her child killed, however I am sure it could be equally painful to the father in some cases.

In fact, a recent study posted in 'Psychology Today' shows that abortions can affect the father as well.

Leave it to the LEFT Coast to be offended by something.
If abortion was 100% legal, then half the people in this forum wouldn't be here.

I think all abortion is wrong.
All things happen for a reason.

VerticalHost said:
Leave it to the LEFT Coast to be offended by something.
If abortion was 100% legal, then half the people in this forum wouldn't be here.

I think all abortion is wrong.
All things happen for a reason.
You're telling me 50% of all women who get pregnant hope to have an abortion?

Where exactly did you get this statistic from?

And tell me why exactly you think abortion is wrong?

There's a shitload of contraception stuff couples can use (pills, condoms, and some other stuff that I don't know their names in english).

In case of a rape, theres the 'aftertoday' pill.
Even if the condom broke, or you didnt take a pill or whatever, theres always this pill. It's not a contraception method, but it sure beats abortion when your fcking half pregnant.

There's no excuse to be aborted, except if it's a life threathening issue.
Myself for example would never forgive my girlfriend if she got aborted.
I would of raised him/her myself.

Wojtek said:
In case of a rape, theres the 'aftertoday' pill.
Even if the condom broke, or you didnt take a pill or whatever, theres always this pill. It's not a contraception method, but it sure beats abortion when your fcking half pregnant..
Umm, that is still classified as abortion technically.

Maybe, but it's done right after the act happened (rape/borken condom).
you'r not waiting 4 months and then waking up "I need to abort!"

jmiller said:
You're telling me 50% of all women who get pregnant hope to have an abortion?

Where exactly did you get this statistic from?

And tell me why exactly you think abortion is wrong?

I was exagerating. But I do believe that if it was 100% legal, then more and more people would be doing it.

Why I think it is wrong is because you are playing God. What gives someone the right to take life away? People that kill pregnant women get charged twice for murder, but abortion is not killing?!?!?

I've heard all the excuses before. It all comes down to morals. If everyone stayed abstinent then we wouldn't have this problem. Nor a problem with STDs. But everyone has their free will. Everyone seems to make their own rules now-a-days.:tired2:

Listen to a heartbeat at 2 months and tell me its ok to abort.

Last edited:
VerticalHost said:
I was exagerating. But I do believe that if it was 100% legal, then more and more people would be doing it.

Why I think it is wrong is because you are playing God. What gives someone the right to take life away? People that kill pregnant women get charged twice for murder, but abortion is not killing?!?!?

I've heard all the excuses before. It all comes down to morals. If everyone stayed abstinent then we wouldn't have this problem. Nor a problem with STDs. But everyone has their free will. Everyone seems to make their own rules now-a-days.:tired2:

Listen to a heartbeat at 2 months and tell me its ok to abort.
I use to think that way.. and then one day I realized that I'm not a woman and that it's her body. I use to tell people that the mother could always give the child away to someone who wants to adopt it.. then I realized our foster care program sucks. Kids are being placed in abusive homes where they are sexually molested and mentally abused.

It's a womans body and whatever is inside her she shall have the right to terminate at an early age.

I'm very religious, God is my savor and my lord, without him I'm nothing. He is my inner strength and we aren't playing God. I don't see cloning as playing God either, God creates, for we just duplicate.

Last edited:
You'll notice (at least I think this is how it is) that everyone to participate in this thread is male. I find it ironic that the ones who are most concerned with it are us, not the women.

Blank Verse said:
You'll notice (at least I think this is how it is) that everyone to participate in this thread is male. I find it ironic that the ones who are most concerned with it are us, not the women.
Well that's just because males make up a higher number of users on these boards. But abortion affects males too. If your gf wants to have an abortion and you don't.

Robert said:
I use to think that way.. and then one day I realized that I'm not a woman and that it's her body. I use to tell people that the mother could always give the child away to someone who wants to adopt it.. then I realized our foster care program sucks. Kids are being placed in abusive homes where they are sexually molested and mentally abused.

It's a womans body and whatever is inside her she shall have the right to terminate at an early age.

I'm very religious, God is my savor and my lord, without him I'm nothing. He is my inner strength and we aren't playing God. I don't see cloning as playing God either, God creates, for we just duplicate.
You must realize that there is just as much molestation and abuse in the normal home as there is in the foster home. Probably more. For the reason that Foster parents can't even spank the kids because it is seen as abuse can be thrown in jail because of it. And foster care and adoption are two seperate things so don't get them confused. Most of the foster parents have a heart to help those children, but they have many restrictions making it nearly impossible to become a father or motherlike figure. And most of those children that are in foster care is because they are not wanted by their parents or are runaways.

You say you are very religious, well I can't see how your make nothing out of the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Abortion is killing. Right after conception the baby starts to grow. You can't say that a fetus is not a baby because it doesn't look like a baby. It's like saying a puppy is not a dog because its not big enough. In the fetus stage it already has its DNA structure and is starting to build around it. So you see where I'm going with that. A baby is a baby no matter what stage in development it is at. Go ask your pastor if abortion is wrong. If he believes women have a choice then find another church. That like gay preachers thinking that it is still ok to preach the word of God, even though they KNOW they are living in sin.

And cloneing is a whole nother subject that I would disagree with you on as well.

VerticalHost said:
You must realize that there is just as much molestation and abuse in the normal home as there is in the foster home. Probably more. For the reason that Foster parents can't even spank the kids because it is seen as abuse can be thrown in jail because of it. And foster care and adoption are two seperate things so don't get them confused. Most of the foster parents have a heart to help those children, but they have many restrictions making it nearly impossible to become a father or motherlike figure. And most of those children that are in foster care is because they are not wanted by their parents or are runaways.

You say you are very religious, well I can't see how your make nothing out of the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Abortion is killing. Right after conception the baby starts to grow. You can't say that a fetus is not a baby because it doesn't look like a baby. It's like saying a puppy is not a dog because its not big enough. In the fetus stage it already has its DNA structure and is starting to build around it. So you see where I'm going with that. A baby is a baby no matter what stage in development it is at. Go ask your pastor if abortion is wrong. If he believes women have a choice then find another church. That like gay preachers thinking that it is still ok to preach the word of God, even though they KNOW they are living in sin.

And cloneing is a whole nother subject that I would disagree with you on as well.
Exactly. So do we allow a woman to give birth to a child she doesn't want and end up neglecting him and abusing him or do we FORCE her to have the child, only to put him in a home where he's neglected and abused?

Putting Religion aside, it's HER BODY. If she wants to have an abortion at an EARLY stage (1-5 wks), then LET HER.

By the 6th week, a heartbeat can be heard (although it's waited until the 11th week), therefore, a woman should be able to have an abortion with the first 5 weeks of finding out she is pregnant.

To force a woman to have a baby is to take away her freedom.

Last edited:
Robert said:
Well that's just because males make up a higher number of users on these boards. But abortion affects males too. If your gf wants to have an abortion and you don't.

oh, without question. That's kind of my point, and a point that jmiller made earlier. There are a lot of effects on the would be father as well. Obviously, it's the woman's choice, and it is harder on no one else than her, but to suggest that a guy would not care if his child was aborted is absurd.

jmiller said:
I support abortion to a certain extent.

I do not support abortion as a form of birth control, or if the mother feels she cannot support the child, as there is always adoption among other options.

I do not support third trimester abortions, unless the mother or fetus is at serious risk.

I do support abortions in the case of rape and severe health concerns.

Just my opinion. :)

I only support abortion if mother's life is at risk. PERIOD

To force a woman to have a baby is to take away her freedom.
That only applies to rape.

The woman has freedom to have sex. Sex makes babies.
So wouldn't that be like putting 2 and 2 together?

Freedom = Sex
Sex = Babies
Freedom = Babies

Back