• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

It's been a while...

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
So it's been a while (a few years?) and I'm looking to purchase a new domain. I used to use register.com, but their prices have hiked to $133.95! (For 1 year registration + 1 e-mail address).

Being out of the loop like I am, I'm not sure what's a good quality registrar anymore. Is it worth paying the $133 for Register.com?

I had a browse of the sticky in this forum, but just wondered if anyone had some info/reviews they could share tonight.

Just need full DNS control/at least 1 e-mail address/ICANN accredited... But as I said, I'm fairly out of the loop with this, so if there's any "required" stuff I'm missing here, please let me know. It's going to be for a business, so it needs to be 100% professional and controllable.

However, if the price from Register.com is justifiable, I'll do that.

Thanks all! :classic2:

anhedonia, just go with a $8.95 domain at godaddy. register.com has always been overpriced, and i have no clue how they are even in business anymore.

i always use godaddy. i have used namecheap and a couple others that i cant remember off the top of my head, including register.com, but, godaddy just seems to have good prices, and i have always had good customer service from them. i also get all my domains there now, so, i can manage them all in one place which is really nice.

I like GoDaddy, I have 5 domains there, the only thing I can nitpick at is their UI is a load of crap. It's slow. Namecheap I only really like for international domains (Where my EU is registered) and their simplistic UI, but that's only a con in terms of GoDaddy's.

Both have good prices and a handful of coupons. I still prefer GoDaddy price wise, they give you good deals with things like transfers and stuff too.

Alright, it's looking like godaddy unless I see anything else on here in the next few hours! :)

Thanks very much for your input, all!

OK done, through Go Daddy. They haven't sent me any e-mails or anything though... Did you guys get any e-mails post-purchase?

You get like 4 or something, including the PayPal payment ones. You get a email with your customer ID and stuff. Then a email for every action you change - nameservers, registrant info etc.

make sure you arent blocking them to a spam folder. like Dynash said, you should have gotten a few emails. you should you actually purchased it and didnt just leave thinking you did? not like you are stupid or anything, but, that is the one thing i dont like about godaddy is that they have like 20 pages of trying to up-sell you on different things, and it can be quite confusing. if you are 100% certain you actually paid for the domain and that you got it, then i would check the spam folder or try calling them. hope you get it straightened out. :)

You get like 4 or something, including the PayPal payment ones. You get a email with your customer ID and stuff. Then a email for every action you change - nameservers, registrant info etc.

Aha, you're right, it took a few hours but I've got e-mails from the now :).

make sure you arent blocking them to a spam folder. like Dynash said, you should have gotten a few emails. you should you actually purchased it and didnt just leave thinking you did? not like you are stupid or anything, but, that is the one thing i dont like about godaddy is that they have like 20 pages of trying to up-sell you on different things, and it can be quite confusing. if you are 100% certain you actually paid for the domain and that you got it, then i would check the spam folder or try calling them. hope you get it straightened out. :)

Hehe yes, I cancelled my transaction before the checkout at least once and started again, to make sure everything was right. They have a LOT of options. I definitely purchased it though, I got given a page with a printable receipt.

Eventually I got an e-mail from them, so it's all good now, there's a few e-mails from them lurking in my inbox. I was semi-concerned because they advise not to use a "free" e-mail, but it was the only option I had at the time (fixed now).

Website inc! :)

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Back