• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IT literate

IT Literate

• Total voters
The usage of software is getting easier and more user friendly nowadays. I wondered how many of the forum users are from IT school?

Please vote as bleow:

From IT school, no issue in developing website.
From IT school but do not expertise in developing website.
Not from IT school, but expert in developing website.
Not from IT school, still learning website development.

Not from an IT school, not exactly an expert on web development, but definitely not in the learning phase.

You'll find that most people here are self-taught

I'm self-taught since I've been interested in IT from a very young age. At 16 I decided to study business computing in college since I knew it was something I'd love doing.

Your poll is seriously limited;

From IT school, no issue in developing website. - what?
From IT school but do not expertise in developing website. - again what?
Not from IT school, but expert in developing website. - ah personal opinion on skills.
Not from IT school, still learning website development. - most folks :)

IT literate is from knowing more than websites, how about server management that have your sites on them?

Your poll is a bit biased to web dev and not IT.

For web development, I'm mostly self-taught. I started learning HTML (with Angelfire hosting haha) when I was around 10, and later taught myself some JavaScript and PHP. I'm going to school for a BS in computer science now (about 3 years in) and it's helped me get a better understanding of programming in general, which I think has made me a better web developer, and has gotten me to expand beyond web development.

I think school has been beneficial for me because it's guaranteed I don't get lazy about learning new things (I neeeever woulda learned advanced calculus on my own haha), including things I might not find interesting on the surface. It's also gotten me to actually start using my skills professionally, which I might not have done otherwise. I actually start my first internship in a week doing a fun mix of web and mobile systems development!

Most of my skills I've learnt myself, especially when it comes to PHP programming and computer repairs.

I find that the best way to learn something is to actually use it, as I'm sure a lot of you will have found, although everyone is different.

I cannot call myself an expert as I am still learning all the features of IT world, as I am more marketing person than a webmaster. However the knowledge allows me to find directions in any sphere I may interact with at IT field.

Thanks for all the comments and vote :) Majority of you are self-learning. Seems like web development is not necessarily learn from college or university. As long as the person is interested in digital coding, the skills can be learnt individually.

To Decker, I apologize my limited English. English is not my first language and I am improving it everyday.

Language and web development works the same way. Both can be learnt individually, but both are not an overnight skills. It needs time and continuous efforts in order to master the skills.

To Decker, I apologize my limited English. English is not my first language and I am improving it everyday.

No need to apologise I was just stating an opinion on the choices :) I didn't mean to hit at the grammar or language and you are improving. It was simply the limited scope of the questions rather than the way it was written :)

I haven't been to an IT School. I have almost no IT knowledge, most of what I know has been self taught thanks to all those IT guys who are sharing their knowledge on the Internet. I have some basic experience in developing a Website, but right at the bottom of the scale. I still need to learn what PHP is about, etc. etc. I use Microsoft Expressions Web and would love to upgrade to something better.
:)

Back