• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is this legal with Adsense

andyf

Hey, i came across a site which is using Adsense program on their website but it seems that they have played with adsense appearance
they have titled them as SPONSORED LINKS i can't locate "ads by Google "

You can refer http://www.gumtree.com/london/81/49412781.html to see how nicely they have merged Adsense ads...( ads at bottom ) Now i would like to know whether it's legal to play with Adsense in such manner ?

Google got rid of that forced "Ads by Google" a LONG time ago. Only some websites list the little "(i)" (You can see on YouTube for example), when you scoll over it says "Ads by Google".

Gumtree uses DoubleClick for their ads, not Google. The advertisements are served through DC but are referred from Google. It's a partnership thing.

If you make so much through Google and get so many impressions, Google actually lets you customize ads completely such as the whole "Sponsored Links" list. This is what MySpace uses, Facebook surprisingly stayed with their own in house ad server.

Thanks for update, i really appreciate it :)
Well, i am new to this ad-revenue system and am trying my luck :)

Google got rid of that forced "Ads by Google" a LONG time ago. Only some websites list the little "(i)" (You can see on YouTube for example), when you scoll over it says "Ads by Google".

Gumtree uses DoubleClick for their ads, not Google. The advertisements are served through DC but are referred from Google. It's a partnership thing.

More like an acquisition thing. :p

Back