• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this a virus ?

Originally posted by Bruce
Not it's not a virus... it's just spam.

The day early i got a advertisement for Norton 2003 and it said it was some type of backdoor. Is there anyway to remove it ? its annoying :angry2:

Just disable Microsoft Messenger Service... unless of course you're using it.
I beleive there's already a thread about this topic somewhere around here, but I can't seem to locate it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bruce
Just uninstall Microsoft Messenger Service... unless of course you're using it.
I beleive there's already a thread about this topic somewhere around here, but I can't seem to locate it.

one problem, im not using msn messenger, its not even installed :confused2

The first thing I thought was SPYWARE. I HATE THOSE. And they're not considered viruses! So no professional company does anything for them!

Originally posted by Avenger
The first thing I thought was SPYWARE. I HATE THOSE. And they're not considered viruses! So no professional company does anything for them!

Why should they? After all, those spywares are installed by people who doesn't even bother to read the license agreements/TOS or whatever that has told them that a spyware is about to be installed if they proceeds to click "NEXT".

No, Spyware is mostly installed SECRETLY. I've never agreed to install the LOP.COM bug for instance. If anything told me that my browser would be routed through a buggy site, my desktop would be covered by useless crap, and things would pop up every 5 minutes, I surely would have said NO!

DONT KNOCK NET MSG'S
THEY ROCK AT LAN PARTYS
:)
oh btw if u disable it you wont b able to send them!!

Good! If it pees people off that don't wish to receive them, then I doubt they will want to send them :devious2:

Back