• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this a good uptime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
James said:
It's not bad but it's not great.

I would say thats bad, a high-end server would be online for a few months before downtime (without maintenance) unless its a cheap one.

It manages to stay above 99.5 percent, which is what many hosts offer as their guarantee. Don't really think it's about the server being high end or expensive either.

It is not bad.

Their January record so far is better than your record this month Craig.

James said:
Their January record so far is better than your record this month Craig.

The stats are wrong :wink2: & I have contacted them as I have proof that its still 100% (restarts etc etc), it was there server that made the error & hes sorting it now, so think before you talk :classic2:.

craig said:
The stats are wrong :wink2: & I have contacted them as I have proof that its still 100% (restarts etc etc), it was there server that made the error & hes sorting it now, so think before you talk :classic2:.

Of course it is their fault isn't it? Not "Hosting Department"'s fault. If you represent your stats, one goes by the presented stats. Server made error? You really don't know what you are talking about Craig.

If you ask me to think before you talk, you should have thought before posting this:

I would say thats bad, a high-end server would be online for a few months before downtime (without maintenance) unless its a cheap one.

Says plenty about you.

It is wrong ok, I dont have to prove anything to you, am not a lier, I tell it like it is if you believe me or not.

James said:
If you ask me to think before you talk, you should have thought before posting this:

Quote:

This is true, a good server from a good DC would have great uptime & not many outages, unless the server was due maintenance which would not be counted, this guy has had 66+ outages but yes it maybe 99.5 or whatever but its still 66 times its been down, you may want to look @ http://www.hostingspeeds.com/index.php?act=hcompany&id=925 you dont seem that fast :wink2: .

craig said:

Cool down craig its not such a big isssue, but if server made error shouldnt it give downtime for everhost it monitors and report outages on all hosts?

Cause i looked at 2 and they didnt have any outage:

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/XtremeHostingInc.html
http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/BlueHostcom.html

Anyways back to topic guys why do u go offtopic on every topic?

well the uptime u listed is not bad at all its above average , and just below very good.:)

Thought that was a nice dig-up did you? Well, frankly I have no concern about that whatsoever. Speeds are excellent and do not receive speed complaints from clients. If this particular website thinks we have a high ping, it's their problem. It likes to think the servers we use in US, are in UK.

You were talking about specs of server not "good server from a good DC". Learn to express yourself properly.

The host in the main post has the port pinged every 5 minutes. That's quite a high frequency compared to what some hosts do - pinging at intervals of 30 minutes, 1 hour +. I have no real interest in these "Uptime" and "Statistic" sites. Statistics by nature is biased on the factors involved, is not really a way to prove something.

You read what you write. Basic punctuation and grammer. Statements which don't really back up. Weak arguments. Your posts show your age and the size of your brain.

James said:
Thought that was a nice dig-up did you? Well, frankly I have no concern about that whatsoever. Speeds are excellent and do not receive speed complaints from clients. If this particular website thinks we have a high ping, it's their problem. It likes to think the servers we use in US, are in UK.

You were talking about specs of server not "good server from a good DC". Learn to express yourself properly.

The host in the main post has the port pinged every 5 minutes. That's quite a high frequency compared to what some hosts do - pinging at intervals of 30 minutes, 1 hour +. I have no real interest in these "Uptime" and "Statistic" sites. Statistics by nature is biased on the factors involved, is not really a way to prove something.

You read what you write. Basic punctuation and grammer. Statements which don't really back up. Weak arguments. Your posts show your age and the size of your brain.

Come on guys stop fighting over usless things. And bringing up grammer english again into fight is becoming the trend these days :p . Anyways reported both of u to moderator, stay on topic.

James said:

Ok, I didnt bring this up, you did. You made the comment without the full facts, I was giving my opinion on the topic not our uptime, anyway once the admin has corrected the error then you will see & what a fool you are for saying it. :devious2: .

a1whs.com said:
Come on guys stop fighting over usless things. And bringing up grammer english again into fight is becoming the trend these days :p . Anyways reported both of u to moderator, stay on topic.

Am not fighting, James made the comment , I won't hide away. My post was regards to the OP's thread then James sticks his nose in.

Last edited:
This uptime is correct and it is not due the server, have a server on the same switch as the above and their was an issue that brought the group of us down.

A 31 day month has 744 hours in it. With the uptime referenced in your post that means your site would be down for around two hours every month. If your site is just a hobby site, that may not matter but if it is a business site I would recommend finding a host that guarantees (and sticks to) 99.9% uptime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back