• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is Taiwan a country?

allanh,
SB,
Please dont behand Li Denghui as a "GOU",I dont want to say anything else,but once,you and your term that support "Taiwen independence" will being your own way that send you back to home!

you are a really SB.

Actually most people in this world do see Taiwan as a part of China. The fact is Taiwan was a part of China until the CCP kicked out the KMT and the KMT decided to make Taiwan independant of China. I don't really consider it a separate country, but definately a separate diplomatic entity than mainland China. Eventually within time as China's Economy and living condition surpass those of Taiwan's I think Taiwan will be absorbed back into China without any violence or bloodshed.

As in regards to Palestine, it should be definately recognized as a country. It has more justification than Taiwan. Taiwan is separate only because of a political strife 50 years ago. Taiwanese and Chinese people are ethnically the same. Can't say the same for isrealites and Palestinians.

Personally I have always considered Taiwan as it's own country. I know why I do. I see all these little things that say "Made in Taiwan" on them. Other things say "Made in China". So you would presume if it's all China, then it would ALL say "Made in China". Then, I have never been much on world politics either. If you took a third party look at Taiwan for the first time in your life.....it's government, society, econimcs, businesses, etc, etc......then you would come to the conclusion that it is it's own country.

Then you look at China, who do nothing for them, yet claim Taiwan as their own.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Personally, I do not recognize them as a country, and most of the countries in the world don't either.

The world does actually consider them a country, only backward nations dont. For proof, browse CDROMs featuring world Maps, an you'll see they designate Taiwan as a nation, also Atlases show the same.

They are a country as is Tibet, NO bastad nation should murder the 'free thinking' citizens of another country.
ONLY immoral backward countries wish to maintain control over other working-classes.

Death to any nation, which wishes to remove democracy from my my fellow humans!!!!
LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE.

unfortunetly Hong_kong was taken over by China, But many tried to escape to my country to escape their primiative regime, although some escaped to austrailia afterwards when they didnt get in :)

I HOPE Taiwan is free for forever, as like Iraq should be.
Good luck to all in you who fight for freedom from your illegitamte governments.

PS- i have been to China, as have seen the crap their, an spoke to its people.!

Last edited:
Hey,baby,you must go home and take a drink i think!

it's no your business,SB.

Taiwan ,is part of China,part of PRC. "your country"?! hoho...:D

Dont let yourself in the terrible about Mainland China and Taiwan,baby~

I love peace so i dont want to see Taiwan War or World War III,Ok?SB?

OK, I just thought we needed a "discussion" thread that is NOT about the war. Do you guys think Taiwan is a country?

Personally, I do not recognize them as a country, and most of the countries in the world don't either. But I have no problem with geographers who label Taiwan as a country. But my argument is that if you include Taiwan, you sure as hell better include Palestine! Palestine is more deserving of being a country than Taiwan, but because of the Jewish control over much of American business, only Israel is listed. The same goes with the Western Sahara, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Kurdistan, Kashmir, and Montenegro. So to sum it up, I do not disagree with anyone who recognizes Taiwan as a country, as long as they recognize all, or at least most, of the above as countries as well. :)

singapore and malaysia ?

are they part of china too since chinese people live there ?

many chinese live in calcutta ..is it part of china too ?

Re: Re: Is Taiwan a country?

Originally posted by chrisranjana
singapore and malaysia ?

are they part of china too since chinese people live there ?

many chinese live in calcutta ..is it part of china too ?

We only said Taiwan is a part of China,not singapore,malaysia or calcutta OK?
Understand?

Re: Re: Re: Is Taiwan a country?

Originally posted by Marphy
Understand?

can you explain what is the difference between TAIWAN and

(singapore, malaysia and calcutta)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Taiwan a country?

can you explain what is the difference between TAIWAN and

(singapore, malaysia and calcutta)

MD,Y.D.DIAO!

sure dont know the reason if you dont know the Chinese history.
so , no explain! ;)
i think you should read the Chinese history carefully use your head and heart,them you'll find the answer.

still cant understand?
contact me MSN: atlantis_net@msn.com

Understand?

why should we care about what YOU or YOUR GOVERNMENT says?
How about I just rock up to your house and claim it's mine?

Hey,baby,you must go home and take a drink i think!

it's no your business,SB.

Taiwan ,is part of China,part of PRC. "your country"?! hoho...:D

Dont let yourself in the terrible about Mainland China and Taiwan,baby~

I love peace so i dont want to see Taiwan War or World War III,Ok?SB?

I don't want to see World War III either. So, China better stop its aggression towards neighbouring countries.

by the way, what the heck is SB?

chinese in singapore malaysia or calcutta

The chinese in singapore , malayia or calcutta ..did they come from Botswana :D

No !

They too came from Mainland China

So why doesn't it form part of China ?

Why Taiwan Must be different ???

Re: chinese in singapore malaysia or calcutta

The chinese in singapore , malayia or calcutta ..did they come from Botswana :D

No !

They too came from Mainland China

So why doesn't it form part of China ?

Why Taiwan Must be different ???

Taiwan is very unlucky that it is closer to a bullying China than Singapore, Malaysia...etc.

Bad neighbour, touch luck for us.

Re: Re: Is Taiwan a country?

Originally posted by VLC
The world does actually consider them a country, only backward nations dont. For proof, browse CDROMs based on geography, an they designate Taiwan as nation, an Atlas'.

The atlases certainly do not represent the opinion of the world leaders. In fact, ONLY the backward nations accept Taiwan as a country. For example, all the dirt-poor Latin American nations recognize it as a country. A couple of African countries do as well. They recognize Taiwan as a country, not because they are interested in the island, but because they are interested in Taiwan's money. And recently, Nauru, a tiny Pacific island of 8.5 sq. miles withdrew their support for the disputed territory. If Taiwan actually got support from a major nation, then I think that the argument that they are a nation would be very valid. But when only countries like El Salvador are recognizing your sovereignty, you really have a big problem on your hands.

And you know what else? Hawaii is a country too. Many of the native islanders want their independence, and they are being denied that right because of two things: the US government and the fact that they have become a minority on their own island!

Oh, and Webdude, the MADE IN TAIWAN tags mean nothing. I could print MADE IN COLORADO, if I felt like it -- would that make Colorado a country? It's just the businesses that decide what to put, and of course, the Taiwanese businesses should not be expected to be impartial.

And a question allanh, are you the descendant of a wealthy family from mainland China or are you a native islander?

Originally posted by Webdude
We have actually lost potential clients over this. It seems the people of Taiwan dont consider themselves a part of China...and they actually get offended about it. In our signup, on the drop down list of countires, we have "Taiwan, Province of China", and have heard quite a bit about it. We will be taking the "Province of China" part off of it. Considering Taiwan has it's own government leadership, economy, and busines......if the people there dont consider themselves part of China, then neither do I.

Seems to me China is simply holding them hostage.

Well, then you better get ready to add these guys too: :rolleyes:

Western Sahara
Palestine
Puntland
Somaliland
Socotra
Zanzibar
Tibet
Xinjiang
Montenegro
Norfolk Island
Irian Jaya
New Caledonia
Basque
Chechnya
Diego Garcia
Hawaii (yes, they do want to be independent!)
the islands off of Finland (can't remember their name)
Kurdistan
Kashmir
Sikkim
Nagorno-Karabakh
Abkhazia (sp?)
...and about 20 more that I can't remember off the top of my head...

All these "countries" are being held hostage.

Oh, and Webdude, the MADE IN TAIWAN tags mean nothing. I could print MADE IN COLORADO, if I felt like it -- would that make Colorado a country? It's just the businesses that decide what to put, and of course, the Taiwanese businesses should not be expected to be impartial.
There would be industry standards for this conker, if you placed "Made in zoobie territory" on an item that was actually made in Taiwan, you would rapidly find yourself without a business. :devious2:

Originally posted by allanh
I don't want to see World War III either. So, China better stop its aggression towards neighbouring countries.

Heh, it is doubtful that China will start World War III. They are not an aggressive country, and will only attack if provoked. You know who I think is going to start WWIII? America, of course! If China is showing their aggression towards neighboring countries, look at America! They're showing their aggression towards countries halfway around the globe! I would like to quote Mahatir Mohammed (I think it was him who said this, at least), "No single nation should be allowed to police the world." And a World War will only start when the entire world is provoked.

Read Chinese History, Taiwan was a part of China officially until the KMT got kicked out by the CCP and decided to break Taiwan away from its mother country. CHina never accepted or recognized this break.

Its like a state of the United States can declare itself to succeed from the Union, but the world and the United States won't recognize it.

Back