• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is PHP a powerful tool?

arnoldsmithh

PHP, one of the most powerful Server side web technology, is spreading in web development circle like a forest fire. You can find trillions of PHP webpages over the internet.
PHP evolves from C language, and provides the same functionality as the C.
The great advantage of PHP over other web development technologies is that it is easy to learn, easy to manage and provide rapid development.

please feel free to share your thoughts regarding PHP and other web technolgies you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
PHP can be the most powerful website programming language if you know how to use it. You can do ANYTHING with it with the right knowledge.

php is terrible. you should do everything you can to avoid learning it. ;) being sarcastic man. it is very powerful, and you should learn it. the only thing i would suggest over it is asp.net

PHP is free. I'm with Glenn, it's a very powerful language and you can do everything with it. You can even code applications with nice GUI. :)

php is terrible. you should do everything you can to avoid learning it. ;) being sarcastic man. it is very powerful, and you should learn it. the only thing i would suggest over it is asp.net

I wouldn't suggest ASP.net over PHP.

With PHP and Visual Basics, I can make a secure server and client to do anything that ASP and ASP.net can do, and it's even easier! All done with packets ^_^

I have to agree, PHP is powerful and easy. I learned PHP after JavaScript, and knew some basic commands in PHP because of that.

PHP & MYSQL make a good team. :love:
The following software makes it a perfect team:

• VBulletin
  • WHMCS
  • Joomla
  • IPB
  • SMF
  • PHPBB
  • Kayako
  • Cube Cart
  • Drupal
  • Media Wiki
  • osCommerce
  • Xoops
  • WHM Auto Pilot
  • Client Exec
  • Word Press
  • PHPNuke
  • Mambo
  • Others
I can't think of any for ASP & ASP.NET. :sad2:

PHP & MYSQL make a good team. :love:
The following software makes it a perfect team:

• VBulletin
  • WHMCS
  • Joomla
  • IPB
  • SMF
  • PHPBB
  • Kayako
  • Cube Cart
  • Drupal
  • Media Wiki
  • osCommerce
  • Xoops
  • WHM Auto Pilot
  • Client Exec
  • Word Press
  • PHPNuke
  • Mambo
  • Others
I can't think of any for ASP & ASP.NET. :sad2:
there are plenty of things for asp, you are just familiar with the php ones. ;) i used to work for ittoolbox.com, and everything was asp.net, except for the wiki boards, which they are re-writing themselves to be in .net. so, trust me, there are plenty of .net things.

also, im not saying php isnt powerful by any means, and not saying you cant do something in php what you can do in .net. im simply saying that .net already has thousands of objects already built and ready to just plug in with a couple lines of code, which makes a 2 hour php job take about 20 min or less in .net. it also makes a much high pay scale than php, and you will find a lot more job offers for .net over php. those would be my 2 main incentives to learn .net.

there are plenty of things for asp, you are just familiar with the php ones. ;) i used to work for ittoolbox.com, and everything was asp.net, except for the wiki boards, which they are re-writing themselves to be in .net. so, trust me, there are plenty of .net things.

also, im not saying php isnt powerful by any means, and not saying you cant do something in php what you can do in .net. im simply saying that .net already has thousands of objects already built and ready to just plug in with a couple lines of code, which makes a 2 hour php job take about 20 min or less in .net. it also makes a much high pay scale than php, and you will find a lot more job offers for .net over php. those would be my 2 main incentives to learn .net.

You should be saying ASP.net, not .net

considering i have been referring to asp.net since my first post, i think people know what i mean when i say .net. if i was going to refer to more than one type of .net in the same post, then i would however specify asp.net or vb.net, etc. ;)

Back