• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is money really worth more than the paper its written on?

Paper money is only worth anything as long as the economy of country's that's printed it is strong.

I think the smart time to buy gold was 5 years ago.

I think lawmakers are starting to get a grasp of how in debt the united states is, and how hard its going to be to pay it all off... But at the same time, I think the citizens still need to realize it. The expensive government programs like welfare and such need to be cut back dramatically, and the country needs to stop being afraid of threats that aren't there, and lower defense spending.

Who could care for paper money, which is worth only the paper its written on.
You buy things from money only because people actually beleive money is worth something!
If you give me gold, I know I am rich, but if you give me money I will ask "When will this become useful only for lighting fires"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9tD3tqB6WE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfrBi4IqryM&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Ok, FYI the first video was freaking boring. But the second video was really freaking boring. The Royal Australian Mint prints every single bank note in New Zealand; does that give us absolute and complete power over their economy? Of course not. Well, actually, if we were to print a very large number of NZD's and then indiscriminately circulate them into NZ, the result would indeed be a collapse of their currency. But it can only accentuate problems that already exist; all they need to do is move to another unit of currency - the AUD or Gold or Copper, the Euro even, and their. In any case it's universally true that overtime currency devaluates, this is usually known as inflation. And if you don't have inflation you're in recession, and to prevent this happening you print more money to artificially induce inflation. In any case, arguing that fiat currency is only in the "eye of the beholder" is like arguing that the government's power is in the "eye of the beholder", etc.

Ok, FYI the first video was freaking boring. But the second video was really freaking boring. The Royal Australian Mint prints every single bank note in New Zealand; does that give us absolute and complete power over their economy? Of course not. Well, actually, if we were to print a very large number of NZD's and then indiscriminately circulate them into NZ, the result would indeed be a collapse of their currency. But it can only accentuate problems that already exist; all they need to do is move to another unit of currency - the AUD or Gold or Copper, the Euro even, and their. In any case it's universally true that overtime currency devaluates, this is usually known as inflation. And if you don't have inflation you're in recession, and to prevent this happening you print more money to artificially induce inflation. In any case, arguing that fiat currency is only in the "eye of the beholder" is like arguing that the government's power is in the "eye of the beholder", etc.
None of that has any thing to do with money only being worth anything because we think it is but cool story bro

Back