1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).
    Dismiss Notice

Is free Hosting Safe! ?

Discussion in 'Free hosting discussions' started by hostaddonltd, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CoMBoZo

CoMBoZo New Member

Not always, you pay for a good hosting with $1 better than free hosting and closes

2. MarionMcNair

MarionMcNair Member

If you mean using one of the free hosting domains then I would definately say no because like you said if things go pear shaped you will be fubar.

If you own the domain then I would say yes but only if absolutely necesary... you could always point your domain to a different host if things go wrong... just to remember to keep a backup of your site

Personally I only use free hosts for link juice and indexing.. You can get a half decent host these days for pennies.

3. masterbo

masterbo Active Member

There are hosters and hosters.. Some can be quite reliable even at their free plans. Some can burn you even if you pay them fortune for hosting.

Looks like absolute majority of free hosting "companies" are ephemeral, doing that for fun and/or without business plan/etc in mind. Free hosters, in general, vanish significantly more frequently.

Just browse FWS' free hosters directory at main page and get horrified at how many of them do not exist already.

4. DylanRem

DylanRem New Member

I guess it safe

5. datacenterpostcy

datacenterpostcy New Member

Usually they free web hosting impose restrictions, either cost you in time, or change your free web pages layout by displaying banners, pop-ups, or other form of advertisement. Check the Privacy and policy before registering....

Thanks for sharing...

alias2002 likes this.
  6. alias2002

alias2002 Member

Not bad I am using free hosting service. Going good.

7. alias2002

alias2002 Member

Though free hosting is limited but it's better for the new users who just started.

8. Imbahost-Andy

Imbahost-Andy New Member

It depends on what you are hosting, if it is just an hobby site or a personal blog, then go for it!

datacenterpostcy likes this.
  9. chandanshivebharti

Never go for free hosting, free service can expire at any time, and you cannot do anything.Using free hosting could be good for new starters who want to build their own website for fun or learning. But you cannot expect to have the best services here. Disk space will be limited by providers. If designing website needs to have a large size to store database, it is an irreparable disadvantage.Bandwidth will be limited from 0.5- 1.5 GB and it doesn’t guarantee. It may also impact to download database when there are many customers access

10. wswd

wswd Premium
    Premium Member

This is not 1995 anymore. Most free hosts offer considerably more bandwidth than that.

11. weboutgateway

weboutgateway New Member

Apparently I’m not really sure that Free hosting is safe maybe it depends on how you secure your data’s and for the free hosting that you use, but basically you should be aware and review for what’s the pron’s and con’s under the terms and conditions or policy before using it, added to that if it contains a confidential matter why don’t you use the paid web host to be more secured? Free hosting is good for personal use not with essential matters that is client based project.

Hope you get my point. Thanks.

12. nomanali

nomanali Member

Free hosting is not reliable. Your data is not safe and your website may suffer a lot of server issues.

13. UncensoredHosting

UncensoredHosting New Member

Only for your personal use/hobbies. What you get from Free Host Providers are unstable connections, slow load pages.. If you are looking free host for your business, I don't recommend it.

14. Sky Host

Sky Host New Member

Free hosting is safe and secure in all senses. The only issue with free hosting is that it shows ads of your host on your site. If you are running a personal blog, a family site, or a personal website then you may happily subscribe for free hosting plan as it will cost nothing to you. You may upgrade your hosting plan anytime.