• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is Catalog Hosting Realible?

TC Tan

I have find Catalog offer free domain hosting for those register domain with them. I just wonder is there anyone use them before? Is it realible and their support? Is it load faster? By the way, is there any free service for me to check the loading time for various hosting service?

Thanks

Catalog has had some minor complaints lately, but overall they provide a good service. General loading times are good, but really it depends on what server you are on (and many other factors). You can ping their main site to see what the speed is, and a few other sites hosted by them (wait for people to respond who have sites with them), but unless you know what a ping is, the information will be of limited value to you.

Many people use them for dedicated servers, though I don't know anyone using them for hosting personally.

I got a redhat server with them and other than the recent network troubles they've been great... Least on the dedicated server side they have 24/7/365 support and most times reply to messages i send in a few hours time. Always nice and helpful. So if it wasn't for the recent network problems I would give them 10 out of 10... but now maybe 8 out of 10...

my one website (of about a dozen on the server) if you want to test speeds is http://www.advanced-basic.com

Is 94ms with ping result OK?

Thanks for the information. I just ping catalog.com and the result is 94ms. Is it consider OK?

Back