• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is anyone still using anything below Windows XP?

I'm still on Win XP. But am planning on a complete upgrade within the next six months or so. Currently we are still on XP at work, as because of budget cuts, the hardware can't be upgraded and Windows 7 requires more resources. I like my home and work computers at least to be on the same platform, but get a feeling that I'm probably going to be more up to date at home than at work very soon.

I still have Windows98 that I bought a few years ago just for fun. I had planned to make a fun present out it for my cousin who couldn't stop talking about it. I may still do it one of these days.

I'm still on Win XP. But am planning on a complete upgrade within the next six months or so. Currently we are still on XP at work, as because of budget cuts, the hardware can't be upgraded and Windows 7 requires more resources. I like my home and work computers at least to be on the same platform, but get a feeling that I'm probably going to be more up to date at home than at work very soon.

I still have Windows98 that I bought a few years ago just for fun. I had planned to make a fun present out it for my cousin who couldn't stop talking about it. I may still do it one of these days.

To be honest, if you are not using any apps which need Windows specifically, you should also consider to use Linux for your work computer.
At least, it can greatly cut down the budget...

I still use windows xp. For me it has been a very stable operating system and also it runs very fast. I dont really need all the flashy stuff that comes with the newer operating systems and I just dont see a need to upgrade.

Ya I still have a windows 98 machine, (Though i did put windows 2000 on it)
I keep it around because my newest computer doesn't run some of those old games very well. And its pretty fast for a 12 year old computer.

Ya I still have a windows 98 machine, (Though i did put windows 2000 on it)
I keep it around because my newest computer doesn't run some of those old games very well. And its pretty fast for a 12 year old computer.

Between Win98 and Win2K, I think it is better for you to run Win2K, since its hardware requirement is not much different.
Running in NT technology, it far better than Win9x anyway.
:)

Between Win98 and Win2K, I think it is better for you to run Win2K, since its hardware requirement is not much different.
Running in NT technology, it far better than Win9x anyway.
:)

I always LOVED windows 98 but it had the memory leek problem, but Windows 2000 is very nice runs well

Nope. Window 7 is almost perfect and what the point of using old OS .
It troublesome to use OS that too old and not friendly usage for now anymore.

People that are using OS below windowx xp should upgrade. Those OS really are a lost of time in my opinion.

risk...

People that are using OS below windowx xp should upgrade. Those OS really are a lost of time in my opinion.

Exactly, and if you cannot get updates for the OS anymore, then do you really feel safe having a machine in your network that could be a risk ?

My friend collects computers with different OS's. He has two with Windows 95, however he rarely uses them, just for fun:)

I hope no one is. But I have XP and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. Maybe I will skip all of the way to 8 eventually lol

Back