• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ipod Saves Life

Jun Luzon

Fine Traders
NLC
I've seen this posted on digg and other blogs but haven't found articles about it from famous news sites.

Ipod Saves Life

ipodbullet.jpg

I still find it funny that people thought the iPod stopped a bullet when you can clearly see the entry and exit holes.

I still find it funny that people thought the iPod stopped a bullet when you can clearly see the entry and exit holes.
The second post Dean made clears that up.
From the blog at that link:
I talked to Kevin Garrad this afternoon and here’s the story firsthand:
The armor stopped the bullet.
The iPod was how Kevin Garrad found out he was shot. This is the real story.
Kevin said he got into the fight with the insurgent and afterwards he did not know he was even shot. He said he returned to his bunk after the patrol, put on his earbuds and began to clean his weapon.
He said: “you get into a ritual out there.”
No music came on. He dug around in the pockets where he kept the iPod and pulled out the twisted hunk of metal that is in the pictures. He said that was how he found out that he had been shot during the fight. He was happy that his armor worked.

Thanks for the link. :D
Now the story is clear. I can't imagine that a techno news site I usually trust will include this somewhat tabloid story in their website.

My iPod's great. So far I must say it's better than the zen vision:m. And I never thought I'd be saying that :p.

hp makes ipod parts? didn't know that

The ipod mini, which in contrast with the picture above has a shining metal back plate, is not from HP but from a very small grinding company here in Japan. The company has the finest grinding technology in the world despite of its small scale.

hp makes ipod parts? didn't know that

HP wanted to tap into the market so they started working with apple to distribute the identical product under their name, it didn't' take off and the line was discontinued (with the HP logo)

Back