• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Internet Speed

I think the limit before they send you an high usage notice with Comcast is about 500 GB. Could be wrong, though.

6383048.png

T-Mobiles GPRS network sucks where I am at...I need to test it on the EDGE network :p

Not sure why you did something so far away CoffeeMonster, 5350 miles? Here is something that's or 3 or 4,000 miles away from me just to compare lol.

Top Countries by Download Speed
http://speedtest.net/global.php

* 1.21.11 Mb/s Korea, Republic of
* 2.15.81 Mb/s Japan
* 3.15.37 Mb/s Aland Islands
* 4.13.18 Mb/s Lithuania
* 5.13.05 Mb/s Sweden :seflag:
* 6.12.87 Mb/s Latvia
* 7.12.52 Mb/s Romania
* 8.11.81 Mb/s Netherlands
* 9.11.78 Mb/s Bulgaria
* 10.9.68 Mb/s Moldova, Republic of
* 11.9.33 Mb/s Hong Kong
* 12.8.63 Mb/s Slovakia
* 13.8.44 Mb/s Germany
* 14.8.27 Mb/s Portugal
* 15.8.24 Mb/s Russian Federation

My closest server is Los Angeles, CA

I get faster results if I go to London, England. I tried several servers. Korea is slow, Canada is slow, other US servers are slow... London is fast.

Totally maxing out there. My upload is still around .5mb though.

Last edited:
Australian Internet kicks everyone's ---. Business grade DSL costing me $129AUD a month FTW!

565339766.png

After downgrading from a new cable modem to a really old one that I bought from a second-hand store for 4 USD:

Wow, it actually goes FASTER than the old modem. Had some minor issues at first with the router not detecting the modem (using LELA in windows fixed the issue after power cycling both the router and the modem.) Now I won't have to pay an extra 3 USD or so for modem rental a month.

Last edited:
Back