• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Internet Speed

Main Connection:
816850990.png

Backup Connection:
816850531.png

Main connection is getting upgraded to 20MB/s down 512KB/s up at start of next month.

It went up to 105.9MBS but went back down to 50 in the end
Upload went up to 50MBS and then back down to 3

It wont go via the lowest speed though, or even the end speed. it gos by the highest speed achieved on the test, so if it really hit 100 it would say 100.

Keeep lying.

Good thing speed doesn't matter when playing MMORPGs (as long as it's over 512 kbps, though I remember playing Diablo on dial-up, and it was fine.)

It's all about the ping.

On my laptop via wifi tether to my android phone running on evdo rev1

And this is my home connection...

Anyone see a problem with that? :p

All I have is my cell modem, no other service exists here except Dialup and perpetually-broken satellite (The clouds block the signal apparently, I tried it before and got disconnected every single storm).

I'm kind of surprised that it's symmetrical though. Probably because it is a Verizon 3G modem, the 3G network would be symmetrical because it is designed for simultaneous inbound and outbound voice traffic.

Good thing speed doesn't matter when playing MMORPGs (as long as it's over 512 kbps, though I remember playing Diablo on dial-up, and it was fine.)

It's all about the ping.

I played World of Warcraft successfully for a time while dialed up at a mere 28.8kb/s because the line was noisy. It actually went fairly well, I was able to battleground and PVP like usual.

Fairly sure most MMORPGs these days can operate on as little as 64kb/s as long as you can keep your pings below 200ms. I find that most games become unstable as far as playability much beyond that.

Last edited:
Back