• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Installing NVIDIA Without Jockey, NOT OFFICIAL DRIVERS.

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
I want the drivers that are downloaded with jockey, but without having to use jockey-gtk (as it requires GNOME, and not just GTK.)

How do I go about downloading/installing said drivers for a restricted NVIDIA (GTX 470) video card for 3D Composition? (I noticed there's a package called jockey-common, but so far, all I've hit on google are bug reports related to jockey-gtk, and nothing on how to use the jockey-backend, alone.)

I can't start installing my openbox only (no-DE) install of ubuntu mini.iso without knowing how. The official drivers usually cause the entire system to start lagging for some reason on any brand of video card, ATI, NVIDIA and even Intel if I use the official BINs for each.

This has been resolved:

install jockey-common, nvidia-common, nvidia-current, nvidia-current-modaliases, nvidia-settings

Back