• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

InstaFree.com - The Best Free Hosting. Period.

wswd

Premium
Premium Member
logo-new.png

Why are people raving about InstaFree? It's simple. We provide hands down the best free hosting experience anywhere.

We promise to change the way you think about free hosting...forever.

No need to rebrand or re-engineer. This is the same old InstaFree that has been providing the highest quality free hosting in the industry for over 7 years. Ads on your website or in our forum? No thanks! You will never see us sell advertising, nor will any ads appear on your site or ours...ever.

Forced to make forum posts to keep your hosting active? Ummmmmm......not going to happen. We reward our clients with premium paid hosting, domains, and other special promotions for posting in our forum. If you don't want to participate, no problem! Not a single post will ever be needed to get or keep your hosting.

Sick of your free host's "99.9% Uptime Guarantee" that they don't meet anyway? Come see what 99.99% uptime really looks like! No garbage servers or datacenters here. No RAID-1 or single drive servers. No OVH! We use only the best Xeon servers and top-of-the-line networks and bandwidth providers. These servers kick ---, and so will your site's uptime and performance!

Our servers have a 99.99% uptime for over 7 years. All verified by NodePing's 1 min. test intervals!
We challenge your free host...no...We challenge your PAID host to come anywhere close to those uptimes!

How do we keep the servers in such good shape?

It's easy! We don't allow spammers, scammers, and other garbage users to invade our servers. Abuse our TOS...you're gone...permanently. You send one piece of spam...you're gone. Have something to hide from us and sign up with a proxy...you're gone. All our IPs are 100% clean, unblacklisted, and there's a reason for that. We don't put up with the crap that other free providers welcome to boost their numbers.

No Ads, No Posting, No Nonsense!!

Not enough? All our free servers now have crazy fast RAID-10 pure SSD arrays, Litespeed, Softaculous, IPv6, DDoS Protection and more!!

Free Shared Hosting Plan

10 GB RAID10 Pure SSD Disk Space
100 GB Data Transfer @1gbps
Failover DNS Cluster
cPanel (The real deal, not locked down or limited)
Softaculous
Let's Encrypt
Litespeed Web Server
MariaDB
Daily R1Soft Backups
Layer 3, 4, 7 DDoS Protection

Free Reseller Hosting Plan

10 GB RAID10 Disk Space
100 GB Data Transfer @1gbps
5+1 Accounts (5 to resell plus your own)
Failover DNS Cluster
cPanel (The real deal, not locked down or limited)
Softaculous
Let's Encrypt
Litespeed Web Server
MariaDB
Daily R1Soft Backups

Teamspeak Hosting (beta)

One of our newest additions is free Teamspeak Hosting. We're still working out some of the details, but we've rolled it out to the public.

4 Locations to choose from
  • New York, NY
  • Dallas, TX
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Seattle, WA

Now DDoS Protected in CA and TX.

Free VPS Hosting Plan

5 GB RAID10 SSD Disk Space
50 GB Data Transfer @1gbps
256mb RAM
256mb vSWAP
1 CPU Core
NAT IPv4 Address
1 IPv6 Address
Daily Backups

==============================================================================
***Please read our Forbidden Countries List, which is linked all over our website and on the application. That list exists due to past spam and fraud committed on our servers from those countries. It is not subject to change, and we offer no exceptions.***

www.InstaFree.com

I'm curious. What criteria were used for the list of forbidden countries? It's a HUGE list. The following countries in particular have me really puzzled: Italy, Spain, Portugal are forbidden (but not Greece, Chech Republic, etc), Oman is forbidden (but not UAE, Bahrain or Qatar), Malaysia is forbidden (but not Indonesia). Not often that I see Singapore on a forbidden country list nor Turkey.

Last edited:
Hi Dean,

The list is not just a random assortment of countries. That list was compiled from over 20 years of hands-on data from our paid hosting company, and the 7 years of data from our free host. In some cases, every single account from various countries on the list have resulted in spam, fraud, outgoing attacks, piracy, etc. Literally every single account. Spain is a great example of that. In over 20 years, we have not had a single legitimate user from Spain.

Within the last week, we have had a rash of Colombian users show up and attempt to send hundreds of thousands of pieces of spam, unsuccessfully, of course. Guess what? Colombia is going to make our list in the next day or so, at least on a temporary basis.

Conversely the reason countries such as Indonesia, UAE, Qatar, etc. have not made our list, is because our users from those country have not engaged in any questionable activities.

There is reason that not a single server IP we utilize is blacklisted (users are amazed that they can actually successfully use our free hosting for email!), and why loads on our servers are extremely low. Here's a random pull from right now on a cPanel server with over 1000 accounts: Load Averages: 0.23 0.35 0.35. Not too shabby. ;)

Too many free hosts do not deal with abuse, and accept sign-ups from everybody, just to increase their numbers, ad revenue, etc. The more posts (in P2H) the more ad impressions. The more users, the greater the "potential" revenue. Looks better when it comes time to sell the free host, which you see happen all the time. We rather take care of our users and our servers, and make sure our clients have a good experience. The 99.99% uptime I mention above is not made up. Our server with the lowest uptime for the past 6 months is sitting at 99.997%, 1 minute interval testing with NodePing.

Last edited:
@wswd Thank you for the detailed response. Must say I'm blown away as all that you have mentioned makes perfect sense to me and at least you are dealing with all of the spam accounts heads on. Well done! :cool:

My curiosity is mostly peaked as I've been vetting posts for a long while and spam, use of malware, lack of understanding what malware is, deliberate dishonesty etc seem to be prevalent from most of the countries you mentioned. What can be particularly annoying for me are individuals who don't take "no" for an answer and keep on opening new accounts by using different IPs or proxies. If I may ask, do you have a system for checking up on those who post with proxies? And if yes, what is it? How do you deal with individuals who use proxies to apply for an account?

You're very welcome!

There are a couple commercial tools we use that are tied in with Xenforo, and a couple custom scripts. We have almost every server company and host in existence blocked by either ASN or IP blocks, and we constantly add more to the list every day. So we severely limit peoples' abilities to use a proxy, because they are simply blocked and not allowed to be used for registration on our forum. There's really no legitimate reason for anybody to use a proxy to visit a forum. But once you sign up, you can use a proxy all you want. It's just the sign-ups that we restrict.

Really, you could do the same thing with a firewall, but then those people would likely not be able to see your site at all. If you want a good start and proxies are giving you trouble, just start with the biggest offenders: OVH, DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, Vultr, Leaseweb, ColoCrossing, Singlehop, Versaweb, the list goes on.

I have well over 100 ASNs (probably closer to 150 or 200 by now...I'd have to check) that are completely blocked on our forum server, as well as a whole host of free email providers. So between that combination of blocks, there is really very little manual intervention that is required. Sure, people are going to find proxies and hosts that we just don't know about. But as soon as they use them, we add those ASNs to our blocklists as well. :)

You're very welcome!

There are a couple commercial tools we use that are tied in with Xenforo, and a couple custom scripts. We have almost every server company and host in existence blocked by either ASN or IP blocks, and we constantly add more to the list every day. So we severely limit peoples' abilities to use a proxy, because they are simply blocked and not allowed to be used for registration on our forum. There's really no legitimate reason for anybody to use a proxy to visit a forum. But once you sign up, you can use a proxy all you want. It's just the sign-ups that we restrict.

Really, you could do the same thing with a firewall, but then those people would likely not be able to see your site at all. If you want a good start and proxies are giving you trouble, just start with the biggest offenders: OVH, DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, Vultr, Leaseweb, ColoCrossing, Singlehop, Versaweb, the list goes on.

I have well over 100 ASNs (probably closer to 150 or 200 by now...I'd have to check) that are completely blocked on our forum server, as well as a whole host of free email providers. So between that combination of blocks, there is really very little manual intervention that is required. Sure, people are going to find proxies and hosts that we just don't know about. But as soon as they use them, we add those ASNs to our blocklists as well. :)

Tried signing this evening and kept getting errors for questions that weren't even asked in the form sign up application. Are new signups suspended or something?

Tried signing this evening and kept getting errors for questions that weren't even asked in the form sign up application. Are new signups suspended or something?

Hi,

No. As long as you registered for the forum first, you should have no issues filling out the application. There is a bug we have come across a tiny number of times, in which Chrome is not interacting with XenForo (the forum software) properly, but it doesn't happen with everybody. The Xenforo folks cannot figure it out nor can we. The easiest fix is using Internet Explorer or Firefox to sign up. After that, you should be good to go.

Back