• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

info

heukw

Hello,

I need the following, any good host ? what is the best price :)

Web Space: 10MB
Bandwidth a Month: 1 GB
Email Aliases/Forwards: 3
Domains: 1 DNS control (Online Control Panel)
Sub Domains: 1
FTP Accounts: 1
Database: MySQL, 1 database, 10MB size
Supported languages: PHP, (Perl CGI / JSP)
Other: Statistics, Raw Access Logs, Tech Support
Payment: Yearly

cheers

:)

host with jsp support is not cheap, considering they are a major resource hog. even with the well known resin.

I think he can find that for a fairly cheap price, I mean 10mb and 1GB is not alot of ask for.

Originally posted by Techxon
host with jsp support is not cheap, considering they are a major resource hog. even with the well known resin.

Is it really a major resource hog? Maybe that's why I have never seen a cheap JSP host. I always found it a bit odd, since it is free to develop for the language.

It is free if you are using resin for development but for commercial it will cost you around $400. Other alternative is tomcat 4.0 which is available for free. Installation on both is quite easy, if you know your way around. Others found it impossible and it is a major resouce hog, each servlet instance can use up to 40M memory, maybe more.

Originally posted by Techxon
It is free if you are using resin for development but for commercial it will cost you around $400. Other alternative is tomcat 4.0 which is available for free. Installation on both is quite easy, if you know your way around. Others found it impossible and it is a major resouce hog, each servlet instance can use up to 40M memory, maybe more.

Sorry, but I'm not quite familiar with JSP jargon. :D

When you say "each servlet instance", do you mean each webpage with JSP code in it? If so, that's a LOT of memory usage. :eek:

I still don't understand why hosts charge so much for it, except for the fact that it's a resource hog. I mean, if TomCat 4.0 is free, they should all use that, shouldn't they? :p

You're an accident waiting to happen by paying yearly. This is now the #1 scam in hosting. :classic2:

Originally posted by zoobie
This is now the #1 scam in hosting. :classic2:

Ofcourse if you go with a host you never heard of. 1 out of 5 of our clients only pay's monthly.

You're an accident waiting to happen by paying yearly. This is now the #1 scam in hosting. :classic2:

I pay yearly, I'm quite happy.

This is now the #1 scam in hosting. :classic2:

Whether is that a scam, it all depends on individual.

The first week after our debut, we already have 10 customer signup with us. For the past months, on average, we have 6 customers signing up weekly. Do you think that enduser are idiot? They send at least 3-5 emails asking lots of questions before signing up.

We responsed within 10 -15 mins for sales enquiries and maximum waiting time for technical support responsed within 2 hours. Thus far, we have not failed anyone and we are increasing our server instead. Not forgetting, we only have a plan with us, Domain and Hosting. If you could do domain name in monthly, I will recommend all my clients to you. Cause it is a good deal, they can leave whenever they wish to.

Be more professional, it doesn't mean that selling high prices, going for monthly payment without giving commitment and deliver what you promise to client will stay long forever. Consumers today are all smart alec.

Honestly and commitment is the success in hosting business!!! Not the mode of payment!

Originally posted by Archbob
I pay yearly, I'm quite happy.
Alot of clients pay yearly too and everyone seems quite happy. Yearly is cheaper and it's pay once and no more worries. Of course, as Robert says, you need to choose a tried and tested reputable host.

Hostcolor has served me pretty well, I paid yearly and its my second month. I may need to move to a semi-dedicated due to bandwidth in one or two months so I may be wasting 7 or so months of hosting, but thats okay, because they give good service, its just that in 2 or 3 months, 20GB bandwidth may fall short of what I need. Thus far, this is the only drawback I can see.

Back