• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

In Remembrance of Sept. 11th 2001

RBooth

Take a moment to remember the people who died 3 years ago on this day at approximately 9:15 AM at the WTC, Pentagon, and on Flight 93 in Pennsylvania? Remember the brave people that day who fought the terrorists, and remember everyone who died ... the people jumping from buildings, remember them. The people risking their lives to save the people, remember them...remember 911. let everyone know that there is people who care.

http://www.freedomrings.us/Tribute.html

Sorry, Im still in rememberence of the three million people who died in China from a river floor decades ago.

TRUNKS said:
Sorry, Im still in rememberence of the three million people who died in China from a river floor decades ago.
Thanks for letting us know that you don't have any sympathy in your heart for the 3,000 lives that were killed not because of some natural disaster, but because of a group of terrorists who are jealous and greedy. But I'm not surprise coming from you anyways.

Well, while I'm sad it was Americans, I know it's not just American lives that count. Every life counts. One human should not cause pain and harm to another. However, death will happen. Natural disasters is the earth's way of changing and evolving. If man wants to build his home on faulty surfaces, he takes that risk of eventual death.

On the other side of things, I would rather have the deaths than what would happen if the world becomes over-populated. China has laws about how many children a couple can have. Since many want boys, if they bear a girl, it often either gets sold, or thrown in the river. Unless Chinese are consistent and habitual liars, thats what many Chinese immigrant friends have told me. While it may seem disgusting to us, it's become as accepted there as homosexuality has here in the States.

So do we prefer natural disasters? Or would we prefer governmental population control? But never should we condone taking lives for political agendas such as terrorism is.

Robert said:
Thanks for letting us know that you don't have any sympathy in your heart for the 3,000 lives that were killed not because of some natural disaster, but because of a group of terrorists who are jealous and greedy.

I dont understand. What makes you think I have no sympathy for them? Just because I also happen to care about people who arent of my own country? Such abysmal skills of perception you have. :shame:

But I'm not surprise coming from you anyways.

Oh, do explain.

Last edited:
Webdude said:
Well, while I'm sad it was Americans, I know it's not just American lives that count. Every life counts. One human should not cause pain and harm to another. However, death will happen. Natural disasters is the earth's way of changing and evolving. If man wants to build his home on faulty surfaces, he takes that risk of eventual death.

On the other side of things, I would rather have the deaths than what would happen if the world becomes over-populated. China has laws about how many children a couple can have. Since many want boys, if they bear a girl, it often either gets sold, or thrown in the river. Unless Chinese are consistent and habitual liars, thats what many Chinese immigrant friends have told me. While it may seem disgusting to us, it's become as accepted there as homosexuality has here in the States.

So do we prefer natural disasters? Or would we prefer governmental population control? But never should we condone taking lives for political agendas such as terrorism is.

I couldn't agree more.

Terrorism is an awesome means of population control. First, terrorists help get things started, then we retaliate, and then they do. In a few years, life will be perfect

Well, it's either that or government sanctioned population control.

Three cheers to terrorism.

Webdude said:

:| Jeez, I know its a problem, but I dont really think that justifies it. And that reminds me... homosexuality, perhaps it being accepted will alow homo's to be 'out' and not pretend to be straight, get married & have kids, thus it will decrease reproduction. Though I doubt there will be enough homo's for the problem to go away ...

And THAT reminds me: I doubt natural disaster's are nature's way of 'culling' the human race. Surely God or evolution could have come up with something more humane and efficient, such as homosexuality - the reproductive stopper?

Last edited:
TRUNKS said:
:| Jeez, I know its a problem, but I dont really think that justifies it. And that reminds me... homosexuality, perhaps it being accepted will alow homo's to be 'out' and not pretend to be straight, get married & have kids, thus it will decrease reproduction. Though I doubt there will be enough homo's for the problem to go away ...

And THAT reminds me: I doubt natural disaster's are nature's way of 'culling' the human race. Surely God or evolution could have come up with something more humane and efficient, such as homosexuality - the reproductive stopper?

LOL @ the reproductive stopper
I didnt say anything about disasters being natures way of cutting down population, I said "is the earth's way of changing and evolving. If man wants to build his home on faulty surfaces, he takes that risk".

So if I build my house on the side of a mountain, and my house is one day flattened because of a snow avalanche, thats my own stupidity. It has nothing to do with God or Nature "controlling the population". China is so over populated that so many have to live in dangerous areas. Dont expect mother nature to suddenly stop her great displays of volcanic eruptions just because a few humans moved in next to the mountain. It's like all the idiots living in California on the faults. When Cali falls into the ocean... you know what I mean. Now that would be a natural disaster (unless only the gay bay fell in :D)

There was that one monk guy "Malthus" or something like that who said
something to the effect that "War, Famine, and Disease" are necessary for humans to survive...or something like that. You look at it on the surface, and you'll just think "wtf..?", but it makes sense if you think about it. Sorta.

Look guys...we're talking about overcrowding of the earth and natural disasters instead of September 11th. Special, huh? Staying on topic can be fun, too. You don't have to hijack topics to have a good time on a forum, Trunks...

Webdude said:
LOL @ the reproductive stopper

Its not? :tired2:

TehGuy said:
Look guys...we're talking about overcrowding of the earth and natural disasters instead of September 11th. Special, huh? Staying on topic can be fun, too. You don't have to hijack topics to have a good time on a forum, Trunks...

I have a disease:cry2:

Last edited:
I was given life by Mother Nature (or God, depending on which you believe). She/He has every right to take my life as seen fit, a terrorist or another human does not. For example, when it comes to abortion, who would the baby see as the terrorist?

(I couldnt resist another off topic twist within the same topic :p)

Robert said:
Thanks for letting us know that you don't have any sympathy in your heart for the 3,000 lives that were killed not because of some natural disaster, but because of a group of terrorists who are jealous and greedy. But I'm not surprise coming from you anyways.
Are the 3000 that died three years ago more worthy of rememberance than the drama that occured in Russia just recently? Or the ones that were just killed in Iraq by a car bomb?
Why isn't anyone here expressing their sympathy for that; yet expecting the rest of the world to do so for what happened on 911.

Each loss of life either by natural or unnatural act is sad and regrettable, but I respect your perspective that something that happened in the country where you live has a higher impact than something that happens half a world away from you.

It's human nature to care more about what's close and familiar. All public schools here respected a minute of silence for the events that transpired in Russia, but no such thing happened for 911 this year for instance (it did days after in 2001 though).

The world doesn't end at your borders. You can't keep expecting sympathy from others when you don't show the same consideration for things that happen abroad.

<Offtopic>
On the other side of things, I would rather have the deaths than what would happen if the world becomes over-populated. China has laws about how many children a couple can have. Since many want boys, if they bear a girl, it often either gets sold, or thrown in the river. Unless Chinese are consistent and habitual liars, thats what many Chinese immigrant friends have told me.
There's a featured article on MSNBC right now - I'm too lazy to go look for the link :p - about the effects of that policy. They finally came to the realization that they're "missing" several million girls that should have been born but weren't because boys are/were favoured. I think it stated a current ratio of 1.2 boys for every girl, vs a 1.07 ratio two decades ago.
</Offtopic>

Last edited:
CareBear said:
<Offtopic>
There's a featured article on MSNBC right now - I'm too lazy to go look for the link :p - about the effects of that policy. They finally came to the realization that they're "missing" several million girls that should have been born but weren't because boys are/were favoured. I think it stated a current ratio of 1.2 boys for every girl, vs a 1.07 ratio two decades ago.
</Offtopic>

If it were a ratio of 5 women to every man, that would be cool :D
However, you would think that the millions of baby bones that wash up on the river bed might have been a slight hint there was a prob with the policy. But then, with that kind of population, what can you possibly do? Mass murder? If everyone in that country jumped at once, it would probably create a massive earthquake that would wipe the rest of us out.

There's a growing number of people who dont want children, not in a world going downhill. If each country offered free assistance to those who say they dont want to have children you would have far less "oops my dress flew up and his thing fell in" accidental pregnancies or teen pregnancies where the teen "has" to claim rape to stay out of trouble. Offer a free tube tie, sheesh. Well, female tubes anyway.....would probably hurt a man to have his tube tied :p

Webdude said:
I was given life by Mother Nature (or God, depending on which you believe). She/He has every right to take my life as seen fit, a terrorist or another human does not. For example, when it comes to abortion, who would the baby see as the terrorist?

(I couldnt resist another off topic twist within the same topic :p)
I'm just taking this further off topic, but the way I see it nobody no-one and nothing has the right to take my life, but that won't stop em, and at the end of the day terrorists have been attempting to further their political aims/express their frustrations/whatever for at least hundreds of years, the fact that the USA got hit harder than most more recently than most is really neither here nor there. I'm not gonna remember anyone who died that day because I don't believe I ever knew anyone who died that day, but if you do, whether they were in a plane, the twin towers, got hit by a bus, or had cancer then as far as I can tell it's all just as bad.

Webdude said:

That's the thing: pro-abortion people believe the baby cannot yet determine anything, so its like fishing (killing a fish). Though someone did tell me ungrown fetuses do have less mental capability than most fish. Dont know.

CareBear said:
Are the 3000 that died three years ago more worthy of rememberance than the drama that occured in Russia just recently? Or the ones that were just killed in Iraq by a car bomb?
Why isn't anyone here expressing their sympathy for that; yet expecting the rest of the world to do so for what happened on 911.

Each loss of life either by natural or unnatural act is sad and regrettable, but I respect your perspective that something that happened in the country where you live has a higher impact than something that happens half a world away from you.

It's human nature to care more about what's close and familiar. All public schools here respected a minute of silence for the events that transpired in Russia, but no such thing happened for 911 this year for instance (it did days after in 2001 though).

The world doesn't end at your borders. You can't keep expecting sympathy from others when you don't show the same consideration for things that happen abroad.
I'm sorry I thought this thread was about people who lost their lives in 9-11, what was I thinking?

Who said the world ends at my borders? Listen lady, you can "think" you know me, but you don't. My "Borders" are outside the U.S., especially in Europe from where I come from. I take deep consideration and have sympathy for the millions of people who die across the world, including those Italians who died in Iraq, and the Italians who died a few years ago because a U.S. Military pilot thought he'd "show off" to the Italians on a mountain in italy and ended up killing them.

This thread is about 9-11, the 3,000 people who died, that's why it's titled IN REMEMBRANCE OF SEPT. 11. It's not titled "In Remembrance of people who died all over the world because of a natural disaster". I don't expect the world to have sympathy. But I don't appreciate it if someone says "Well i ca't really remember those who lost their lives because I'm still thinking about the other people who died in another country". Great I'm glad, but there is no ned to be a dickface about it and just insult the U.S.

So don't come preaching to me about symapthy and where my "borders" end. So now you're pising me off. So dont' ----en sit there and talk shit about me because you have no idea who the ---- you are talking to you. Don't ----en preach to me like you know my thoughts cuz you don't. So I suggest you sit behind your little computer and mind your own God damn business.

So quite your yapping cuz this thread is about 9-11.

Robert said:
This thread is about 9-11, the 3,000 people who died, that's why it's titled IN REMEMBRANCE OF SEPT. 11. It's not titled "In Remembrance of people who died all over the world because of a natural disaster". I don't expect the world to have sympathy. But I don't appreciate it if someone says "Well i ca't really remember those who lost their lives because I'm still thinking about the other people who died in another country". Great I'm glad, but there is no ned to be a dickface about it and just insult the U.S.

Though Im still dubious as to how I insulted the U.S., it was silly of me to say.

Oh right, I had totally forgotten that the only important lives were those Americans who died on September 11th, 2004. :rolleyes:

Robert said:
So don't come preaching to me about symapthy and where my "borders" end. So now you're pising me off. So dont' ----en sit there and talk shit about me because you have no idea who the ---- you are talking to you. Don't ----en preach to me like you know my thoughts cuz you don't. So I suggest you sit behind your little computer and mind your own God damn business.

Whoa, calm down man. Why not let's just stay in topic?

Back