• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Importance of HTML tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
When dealing with dynamically added and removed content on web pages, there are usually two approaches: One approach is to show and hide content in the place where the trigger for this change is. An example of that is the Mozilla Corporation Careers page. Clicking one of the links “Meet Mozilla”, “The team”, “Life at Mozilla” links will replace one text portion with another, in the same place, right below the list of these items. The second approach is to add the new content to the end of the HTML document, and then use CSS to position the content on top of, or in the place of, a specific location visually. An example of this is the jQuery Thickbox demos page. Clicking one of the demo links, for example for the image, the gallery or the “keep in mind” demo, the text is being added to the end of the HTML, probably by some document.

Html tags is very important to build a good web site.

What are HTML tags and why these tags are so important for designing of any website?

HTML is very important to build a good web site because HTML is just like a language.This language is very important to build a good website.HTML tags use every time.

head, body, div,span,...,,etc,etc all of them are HTML Tags. You need them to build a html website as they are the base which tells the computer how to interpret or visually show the site content.

The importance of HTML code validation is related to the neat and clean site structure. It need not be told that a neat and clean site layout looks visually stunning and helps in drawing large number of visitors that may turn into potential customers. Besides this, a neat site structure also helps in getting search engine crawlers to the site. This helps in building the reputation of a site and also improves its search engine ranking. But without a neat and clean website structure, all this would not be possible. And it is the HTML code validation that ensures that a site is well structured and has a neat structure.

Here are a few definitions and hints which didn't fit in the previous pages well:
Case

HTML tags will currently work whether they are capitals or lower case.

HTML tags were originally in upper case to make them stand out. Now you should get into the habit of using lower case as that is the standard.
Terms

Tag
the bit in-between the less than and greater than signs (e.g. <p>)
Start and end tags
most HTML tags come in pairs with one opening and one closing (e.g. <p> and </p>)
Element
everything inside the start and end tags including both tags (e.g. <p>This is a paragraph.</p>)
Self-closing tags
A few tags do not come in pairs. They form an empty element on their own (e.g. <br />)
Attributes
within a start tag attributes provide some extra instructions to the browser (e.g. <a href="fred.html">
Value
each attributes comes with a value after the equals sign. Get into the habit of putting the value in quotes as some have to be.

HTML, XHTML, XML

Don't worry at the moment about which is which. You have been learning both HTML and XHTML because they are almost the same thing. So far only the self-closing tags have been different. HTML would use <BR> but XHTML uses <BR />. The XHTML way is the way it will be done in the future (including HTML version 5).

Basically, HTML was created and adapted repeatedly. It mixed in structure (paragraphs, headings etc. as you have done) with formatting (which you have not).

Some clever people then decided that structure should be separate from formatting. They created XML for the structure and (mostly) CSS for formatting. Those of us who were less clever got very confused and mostly refused to use XML. XML when used for Web sites looks very similar to HTML but has much stricter rules.

As a compromise XHTML was developed (it almost just grew out of the joining of XML and HTML). XHTML is a bit stricter than HTML but easier to learn than XML. Aim at XHTML for now if you see a choice. There will be much more on this later as you start to understand more. These pages all use and teach XHTML.

HTML version 5 promises to merge HTML and XHTML back into one and extend them.
W3C

The W3C is the body which oversees standardising the Web. Without it different browsers would show Web sites very differently making things very difficult for the Web site developer. Hopefully, you will not need to worry much about Internet Explorer 6 but if you mention it to most experienced Web developers and they will shudder because it failed to follow standards. It is not the only one.

Since the early days of web design, HTML has been the standard for professional websites. This language is very essential to make a good website. HTML tags apply every time.

1 year old thread bump... *facepalm*

This site is getting more and more dead every time I log on.

Lol, it is dead mate.
I used to visit it daily, but I no longer do that, like most NLC members I guess.

Lol, it is dead mate.
I used to visit it daily, but I no longer do that, like most NLC members I guess.

I only get on here about once every week now, sometimes every other week. There's typically 3 to 4 pages of lame-brain and worthless offers and maybe 3 or 4 decent threads with replies that I actually care about reading. This site really tanked big time.... such a shame.

Can agree with you there [MENTION=4943]deeplist[/MENTION]. I visit often, but there's nothing much new to read.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

If you want to format a blog post or edit a web page, it's helpful to know HTML (even if your site platform offers WYSIWYG formatting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back