• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Image galleries script

Johnny

b&
b&
anyone could recommend one of this, I would like one that would create its own thumbnails and its own page and where I could be easily be put in with my site design, and I would like it when somone click on the image, they would bring them you to a page where the image is and my site design and were users could also rate the pictures.

And is there a script that would rotate a picture once a day, thru my database of pictures I tell them to?

this maybe alot to ask and I would have go to hotscript.com and search forever, but I ratter ask you guys since you probably would know a good one.. and I am willing to pay lots of $$ for the right script I am look for.

Thanks

In order for it to make it's own thumbnails, you will need to have a module called GD ? Or something...anyways, make sure your host has that installed. Otherwise, you will have to make your own thumbs. A while back I made my own Image Gallery script...but it wasn't very good. If you know any PHP mySQL I could give it to you...hmm...wait...lots of $$$.

What exactly do you need? The one I was working on had a rating system, where people could rate pictures from 1-10. Then when browsing, you could have as many categories as you want, organized however you want (subfolders, files listed in the subfolders, then subfolders from there), and when browsing users would be able to sort the images by Name, Downloads, Rating, Date added.

BUT...all I ended up making was the Admin panel. And even that wasn't done. I had it good but not moving images yet. (from folder to folder).

Anyways, it would probably take about a month to finish (if I were to work on it). Interested? Before you say yes, I am a PHP n00b, and haven't really finished a whole script before. But hey, if you aren't satisfied, I'd give you your money back.

i am pretty sure my host has GD, I am a newb in php andmysql i only know to to install stuff on mysql that is it.. i was hoping for a script that is already done and up for sale (to prevent any bugs) casue if I got a script that you just created. I am sure they could be some bugs that u haven't descover yet.

Yea, there would be bugs. I am interested in making the script though. I think if I make a good script, I can sell it to lots of other people too. I would completely customize it to do whatever you wanted.

But, if you don't want that, you are pretty much stuck with what you can find at hotscripts.

http://gallery.sourceforge.net

you won't find a better gallery than this. It creates its own thumbs w/o GD. It doesn't have the rate option, but it may be available in future releases.

Try www.schlabo.com I believe there is an image gallery script there that can rotate pics by whichever time period you choose. I also think there is a rate option. Thumbs are not created automatically by the script.

Canuckkev- If you are going to write a script and have it automatically create the thumbs, dont use GDlib. Try to use netpbm

Reasons why GD sucks ---:

• *GD won't support JPEG or PNG formats unless you have them compiled in to PHP. Most servers don't have it compiled in because it can be a pain to install the right libraries, etc.
    *GD won't support GIF unless you have a particularly old version of the GD library on your system that predates the copyright infringement issues [Reference ].
    *Either I'm smoking crack, or GD does not support image rotation. Can ya believe it?
    *GD generates terrible thumbnails, unless you happen to have included the ImageCopyResizedBicubic patch.
Here Is an interesting comparison of of GD an NetPbm

Last edited:
Good job on suggestion Gayo, seems like there have been about 4 threads this week asking for image gallery scripts.

And I have never used/seen GD. I simply assumed it would be easy to resize images bicubically. And thanks for suggesting an alternative. Like I said, all that was (near) done on my script was the admin panel.

Back