• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm willing to offer free hosting to a manga/anime related site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazzman

I'm open to discuss details, so I won't post any, other than the fact that I am an individual, and not a hosting company. This hosting would be on a dedicated server I have in a datacenter in Chicago.

I was going to make my own anime/manga discussion board, but I don't really have the time to do this, so I thought I'd see if anybody else that is a fan of this genre is interested instead.

I can offer hosting with all the bells and whistles (PHP, mySQL, cgi, control panel, ...). I would not need any form of add banner or button in return for this hosting, I just want to do somebody a favour and help promote the anime religion ;)

If possible I would like to see an example of the site you want hosting for. At the moment I'm willing to give away one hosting account, but if there is more than one worthy candidate, I'll consider giving away more accounts. Please don't post your email addresses in your replies, as there are things called spambots and they are EVIL !!!

Tazz.

P.S. Just to make it clear, this would be your site, I would in no way be involved in the site itself, I'm just offering hosting, no strings attached...

Last edited:
Free hosting for anime & manga related site? Cool :) I have vBulletin (bought, of course) and always would have liked to have some sort of anime and manga community :).

But I have no domain or current site :( But could buy one :)

Er, anime rules?

Last edited:
Well, a current site isn't a requirement, it would just be nice to be able to see what I'd be hosting. Commitment to the site/community is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned. If you're commited to your goal, the rest will follow...

Originally posted by Tazzman
Well, a current site isn't a requirement, it would just be nice to be able to see what I'd be hosting. Commitment to the site/community is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned. If you're commited to your goal, the rest will follow...
Erm... You would be hosting a php script named vBulletin that uses mySQL...

[Edit: Can I come in contact with you using AIM, ICQ or some other Instant Messenger?]

how to sign-up?
the link to my site is www.thesupersoldiers.tk
I just need a better server with more space since ProHosting servers are acting up. It really sucks and I need a new host. I can't put any new content up until I move to a new server due to space limitations. Thats it. Later.

It's not a case of 'signing up'. I'm giving an account to 1 deserving site (or maybe more if there is more than 1 person I think is making or will make a good job of their site). Unfortunatly I don't really won't to host a site completely dedicated to DBZ at this time, I'd prefer to give the hosting to a site about other manga, sorry...

And I wasn't particularly aware it was legal to offer full episode and movie downloads anyway. I'll only consider sites that are 100% legal. I don't want to get into trouble for trying to help somebody out.

Last edited:
Read your PM :) (I want to know the url of your board ^_^)

But I don't like p2p programs... I was d/l-ing Resident Evil the other day and got Monsters INC :(

End of offer. The following 3 persons will get an account:

Sefiros (account already set up)
Lex
Niknar

If Lex and Niknar would please PM or email me with what amount of diskspace and bandwidth they require and what domain name they will be using, I will set up they're accounts later on today or as soon as I receive the info :) If you don't have your own .com or whatever, I can set you up as a subdomain. Just tell me what you would like for your subdomain name (can be yoursite.digital-grey.com or yoursite.section5.net or both).

@ Niknar, nice concept, only I don't like scrolbar in the nav menu and I don't think many people do, so maybe something for you to work on ;)

Last edited:
Ok what if I have a site about graphix and it will have a page for sprite rip edits and some of them will be anime related. I know its not much but it will have pages about taggers and graphic making. So you can have a anime type page and other graphix. Whadda ya say

Originally posted by Sefiros
Free hosting for anime & manga related site? Cool :) I have vBulletin (bought, of course) and always would have liked to have some sort of anime and manga community :).

But I have no domain or current site :( But could buy one :)

Er, anime rules?
hmm, a vBB, with no site, and no domain... hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back