• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

im looking a VPS Host for my Game server

raymond72k4

Hello,

i am looking a cheap reliable vps hosting service..

im looking like this

512MB Dedicated SLM RAM
- 2000GB bandwidth
- 50GB space

i dont know what the exact but something like that or more..but affordable
coz im gonna host a game online server thanks!!!

Good morning, we can offer you the following:

Dedicated RAM: 512MB
Virtual CPUs: 2
Hard Drive Space: 40GB
Bandwidth: Unmetered on 100mb uplink
Dedicated IPs: 1
Monthly Cost: $39.95

All of our VPS servers are hosted on dedicated hardware in the SoftLayer datacenter, which is known for reliability and quality networks. Web "hosts" these days come and go. We have been in business for over 10 years, so you can trust that we're going to be around for a long time. We're also a fully licensed limited liability corporation in the state of Indiana doing business as Decker Services LLC.

If you have any questions, please ask. Feel free to email me directly to get this set up: charles@deckerservices.com

PS: We only offer Xen based VPS servers. Your hardware will be dedicated just to you only. Look out for "hosts" who offer OpenVZ servers with "burstable" RAM as it's a sure sign that they are overselling YOUR resources to other people.

Use the promo code: vpshalf to get this for $19.98 for your first month.

Last edited:
i can offer exact what you need

vps system = XenServer ( HardWare virtualisation)

Dedicated ram = 512 mb
Traffic = as mutch as you need ( we still got the right to limit your speed after using 512 GB traffic)

50 GB space

price = 35$ ( and use coupon code FWS to gain 25% cheaper for first month or 27.5$ for first month)

the servers are hosted with Windows XP ( sp3 special modified for best performance and low mem usage)

more info can be found at http://dehost.org or at http://powerchaos.com/windows-vps.html

to know the difference betwean systems , please take a look at http://powerchaos.com/vps-servers.html and you know then the reason why we offer Quality

Greets From PowerChaos

I can offer you following fully managed VPS V-3

50 GB RAID-10 Web Space
2000 GB Bandwidth
1024 MB Guaranteed Ram
2 GB Burstable Ram
Host Unlimited Domains
Free Daily Backups
100 MBPS Port
3 IP Addresses
Fully Managed With Control Panel
100% Uptime Guarantee
No Overselling Guarantee

Only $54.95/month

To order kindly visit: http://www.occeanic.com/vps.html

I can offer you following fully managed VPS V-3

50 GB RAID-10 Web Space
2000 GB Bandwidth
1024 MB Guaranteed Ram
2 GB Burstable Ram
Host Unlimited Domains
Free Daily Backups
100 MBPS Port
3 IP Addresses
Fully Managed With Control Panel
100% Uptime Guarantee
No Overselling Guarantee

Only $54.95/month

i dit not know that it was possible to BURST dedicated ram
and if you can burst then you are using a system that allow overselling like openvz or virtuozo ( and virtuozo is running on windows to emulate windows )

so before making a post it would be nice to check what he ask and to see what you can offer

Thank you
Greets from PowerChaos

Dedicated RAM is dedicated RAM regardless. "Burstable" RAM is exactly that. Excess RAM that is available on a "first come first serve" basis. Customers should never rely on anything that is "ballooned" or "burstable" because it's never guranteed that it'll be available. If your provider is offering "burstable" RAM, then the system is using oversold resources that are shared among multiple VPS severs on the node.

If the node has been so oversold to the point where SWAP is being used, then you don't want to be on it in the first place.

Please take a look at our offer below,

Premium VPS#1 - 1Gbps Port
---------------------------------

» Guaranteed RAM: 512MB
» Burstable RAM: 1024MB
» RAID-10 Storage: 20GB
» Premium Bandwidth: 2,000GB Per Month
» Instant OS Reloads / Reboots / TUN/TAP
» Bandwidth Port Speed: 1 Gig (1000Mbit)
» Dedicated IPv4 Addresses: 2 (Additional Available)
» Dedicated IPv6 Addresses: 5 (Up to 20 FREE)
» Datacenters: UK & USA
» £14.96 Per Month (USD CURRENCY AVAILABLE!)
Read More | Order Now

Available Operating Systems
  • CentOS 4, 5, 5.5
  • Debian 4, 5, 6
  • Fedora 9, 10, 11, 12
  • Gentoo
  • Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04

We Accept All Major Credit Cards, Paypal, Alertpay, Liberty Reserve and Moneybookers as payment methods.

i guess they dit not see our point yet as they keep posting openvz systems

if a user like to have BURST ram then i guess he would told you

if it is for a game server (private server emulator like eo and co and zo and stuff) then he probaly like to have windows
if it are for other kind of game server ( like counterstrike and stuff) then he like to use linux
but the point stays the same
why even posting or even doing a apply if he ask for dedicated ram and probaly not ram that can get oversold (else he woulnd say dedicated ram)

o well , if he read the link i gave then he got all info he need about differend vps software and i guess it is up to him to deside what he thinks of dedicated ram

Greets From PowerChaos

OpenVZ vs. XEN is in large part by preference. Some users prefer to have the access to burstable RAM, especially when they are guaranteed RAM as well. We offer OpenVZ by preference but also because burstable RAM has it's place in the VPS market. Especially in the gaming market where peak performance may need that extra RAM, instead of relying on SWAP or simply having your game blow up mid scrimmage!

For $19.95/month you can get your hands on a Scoots512 VPS. That will provide you with:

512MB of Guarenteed RAM, and burstable to 1024MB
250GB of Bandwidth
60GB of RAID10 storage

At the moment you can actually get your first month at $10.50 using coupon code WHTONLY.

As mentioned in above posts the nature of the game is also of question. We offer linux systems which is many cases is the preference to most gaming enthusiasts given the performance boost. At the same time some games run solely on Windows.

I ask you consider all your options before jumping into the waters. If you are planning on hosting a mainstream game we have no issue providing you with full management for the life of your VPS. We are more then happy to set everything up and ensure you are running properly. We have a lot of experience in the gaming market and can provide you with the service you need to keep your server running smoothly.

Good luck in your hosting hunt!

Please take a look at our offer. If you're interested please email sales -at- jshosts.com and reference this post. More plans and information is available on our website.

512MB RAM
50GB Disk Space
2000GB Bandwidth
CentOS 5 (Other Linux Distros Available)
UK Based Servers
SolusVM Control Panel
£29.99/month

As an update, 2000GB of bandwidth in every game I can think of is never required. You would be paying a lot more for bandwidth that you would never use. I might suggest to start low, upgrade as needed. But 2000gb off the get go will run you a much higher price tag.

As an update, 2000GB of bandwidth in every game I can think of is never required. You would be paying a lot more for bandwidth that you would never use. I might suggest to start low, upgrade as needed. But 2000gb off the get go will run you a much higher price tag.

You're wrong. Stop spreading false information.

This is a hypothetical scenario:

30 people playing, 30KB/s per client. Total comes to 900KB/s.

That comes out to 2,200GB a month - assuming it's full 24/7. Now if they get DoS or DDoS'ed then that would raise the bandwidth requirements exponentially. Unfortunately that actually is quite common on popular game servers.

Let's assume he has 30 players on constantly, needs a FastDL and is running a web server. That would probably be around 2.6TB-3TB a month with the game server depending on how popular his website is and how much content clients have to download.

And then there are other types of game servers - like Minecraft. A Minecraft server will burst up to 250KB/s per player - and they can get quite a few players (I've seen servers with 100+). Obviously bursting at 250KB/s is not the same thing as having 250KB/s constantly, but it can still eat up bandwidth.

So again, I kindly ask that you stop spreading around false information. It sounds (to me) like you either A: Know nothing about game server bandwidth requirements. Or B: You are hoping they go over their bandwidth cap so they pay more.

i need to agree to to but i need to denie it to at the same time

it first depends what game server you are running

i got game servers with more then 200 players on it and still do not use more then 1TB on traffic (private servers like eo or co)
on the other side , there are games that use a lot of traffic to , it depends again what game it is and how the server handle things (like minecraft)

but however you look at it
2TB is mostly enouf for a game server , because when your game server is getting over the 2TB of traffic then you just use a dedicated for it as traffic mostly relay on other parts to ( like cpu and mem usage , specaily with minecraft)

but it depends ofcourse how you look at it in the first place

Greets From PowerChaos

i need to agree to to but i need to denie it to at the same time

it first depends what game server you are running

i got game servers with more then 200 players on it and still do not use more then 1TB on traffic (private servers like eo or co)
on the other side , there are games that use a lot of traffic to , it depends again what game it is and how the server handle things (like minecraft)

but however you look at it
2TB is mostly enouf for a game server , because when your game server is getting over the 2TB of traffic then you just use a dedicated for it as traffic mostly relay on other parts to ( like cpu and mem usage , specaily with minecraft)

but it depends ofcourse how you look at it in the first place

Greets From PowerChaos

Of course 2TB is usually enough for most game servers. BigScoots was trying to say 250GB was fine per month - it's not.

Hi, what kind of game do you have?

Take a look:

VPS512

512MB ram
Bandwidth: 5000GB
Space: 50GB hdd

$29.99/monthly

i can offer you the next vps server

1024 MB RAM
50GB HDD
1 Gbps Uplink
Premium 5.000 GB Bandwidth!
1 Dedicated IP
INSTANT SETUP!

$40/mo / but for the first month $30

The thread is over 2 months old and the OP never came back to it. Might as well just forget it.

Back